News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 and phone power - cannot hear the other party

Started by Name, February 27, 2012, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Name

After many issues with the setup, OBI110 and phone power cooperate ... to some extent.

Another issue resurfaced:
- when I place a call from phone power, the other party hears but I cannot.

phone power claims is something on my end. OBI110 works just fine with google voice.

Where should I look?

Thanks,

QBZappy

More than likely you have to port forward the ports referenced in your OBi here:
Service Providers->ITSP Profile A->RTP->LocalPortMin
Service Providers->ITSP Profile A->RTP->LocalPortMax

Service Providers->ITSP Profile B->RTP->LocalPortMin
Service Providers->ITSP Profile B->RTP->LocalPortMax
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Name

Quote from: QBZappy on February 27, 2012, 11:58:46 AM
More than likely you have to port forward the ports referenced in your OBi here:
Service Providers->ITSP Profile B->RTP->LocalPortMin
Service Providers->ITSP Profile B->RTP->LocalPortMax

Is that okay?

QBZappy

I depends how you have configured the OBi. I assume Profile A is your google voice. It could work if you port forward the entire range. I notice that those are not the default values. Make certain that Profile A port numbers do not overlap with Profile B.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Stewart

Quote from: Name on February 27, 2012, 12:53:55 PMIs that okay?
Definitely not OK.  You must choose a port range that does not conflict with what you are using for SIP.  It should be at least 8 ports, e.g. 20000-20007.  You need two pair for e.g. 3-way calling or call waiting, but should also have additional ports to avoid re-using the same ones used for the previous call.