News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller id is showed even AnonymousCallEnable is ENABLED for SIP

Started by info2lee, February 28, 2012, 05:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

info2lee

I have AnonymousCallEnable is ENABLED on sp1 and sp1 is setup for SIP phone (not Google Voice), but number still shows on the phone screen, am I missing something? I have SPA3102, dialing *67 simply does the work.

The firmware for OBI110 is 1.3.0 (Build: 2651).

Please let me know how to make it work? Just need it in some circumstances, I am not working for telemarketing.

Thanks,

Stewart

Who is the SIP provider?  With some providers, per-call blocking is set by sending them *67 as a prefix to the number dialed (rather than *67 being handled by the device).  If that's the case for your provider, i.e. your SPA3102 does not give dial tone after *67, you need to set up the digit map to pass *67 to them.  See RonR's comments in this thread: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1437.0

info2lee

vbuzzer is the SIP provider, but it doesn't matter with the SIP provider, as on SPA3102 once I set *67, all SIP providers' caller id are not showed, I have another SIP provider (freephoneline), I setup it as voice gateway on SPA3102, freephoneline doesn't support *67 block caller id function, so it is the function of SPA3102 device, but it looks like OBI110 doesn't support it even I tried latest firmware (OBi-1-3-0-2675 and 2669) , did I miss something or it is a firmware bug?

Stewart

The OBi documentation states that *67 sets the display name in the INVITE to Anonymous and also sets the privacy tag in the RemotePartyID header (assuming that X_InsertRemotePartyID is enabled, which is the default).  That's exactly what the SPA3102 does.  Both of those devices have a SIP Debug feature; you could use that to see whether the firmware is working as advertised, or whether there are any other differences in the outgoing INVITE that may have an impact on caller ID blocking.

The above description applies to *67 being handled by the device.  With either Obi or SPA, when this is the case, you hear a new dial tone after entering *67.  If your SPA does not play dial tone after entering *67, it's being sent as part of the number and being handled by the provider.  If that is your case, you must configure the OBi to do that, as described by RonR in the previously referenced thread.  If you still have trouble, use SIP Debug to compare the INVITE requests from the two devices.

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

info2lee

Quote from: Stewart on February 28, 2012, 09:12:36 PM
The OBi documentation states that *67 sets the display name in the INVITE to Anonymous and also sets the privacy tag in the RemotePartyID header (assuming that X_InsertRemotePartyID is enabled, which is the default).  That's exactly what the SPA3102 does.  Both of those devices have a SIP Debug feature; you could use that to see whether the firmware is working as advertised, or whether there are any other differences in the outgoing INVITE that may have an impact on caller ID blocking.

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe I will try the debug feature. Anything else is working perfectly for me, just this drawback, unless I did not set something correctly, e.g. DigitMap etc.

The above description applies to *67 being handled by the device.  With either Obi or SPA, when this is the case, you hear a new dial tone after entering *67.  If your SPA does not play dial tone after entering *67, it's being sent as part of the number and being handled by the provider.  If that is your case, you must configure the OBi to do that, as described by RonR in the previously referenced thread.  If you still have trouble, use SIP Debug to compare the INVITE requests from the two devices.

I hear a new dial tone after dialing *67 on SPA3102 device, so the device handles it, also because freephoneline does not support *67 so even *67 passes to SIP provider it won't be handled (I tried directly with software sip phone on windows, *67 doesn't work for freephoneline, the support forum mentioned it as well).

info2lee

Quote from: QBZappy on February 28, 2012, 09:14:49 PM
info2lee,

From OBi admin guide:

http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm#_Toc304466410

*67  Block Caller ID (One Time)

Yeah, I noticed that a couple of days ago, for OBI110  *67  Block Caller ID (One Time), for SPA3102 it is different *67 block caller id persistently, *81 on the contrary once, so looks like the star code is switched, but no matter it is *67, *81, caller id is not supposed to be showed.