News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Delay in connecting using Sp2

Started by Gunaski, February 29, 2012, 07:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunaski

Hi ..

Following is my OB-100 connection

I use sp1 for local calls and sp2 to make international calls. My Sip provider uses asterisk/a2billing. For some reason I'm not able to register X_UserAgentPort as 5061. 5080 worked .. but there is a 30+ secs gap before the call is seen in asterisk.

Appreciate if you can provide some light on how to eliminate the long gap and why 5061 is not getting registered.

Thanks in advance

Stewart

The OBi has a delay in sending the call (on international, it waits after each digit to see whether more are coming).  You can bypass the delay by pressing # after entering the number.  If it's still slow, you can use SIP Debug option to see the timing of responses from the provider.

If most of your calls are to a country with a fixed number of digits in their numbers, you could set up a custom Digit Map, so those calls would be sent immediately, without pressing #.  Or, you could use speed dials, which would be even faster, e.g. dial 2# to reach your contact.

Normally, it shouldn't matter what value you set in X_UserAgentPort.  I suspect that your router has a SIP ALG that is monitoring ports 5060 and 5061, and is somehow incompatible with your OBi or provider.