News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ISP is Blocking port 5060 Needed for Sip account registration.

Started by larrybob, March 01, 2012, 09:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

I am in California, and have been setting up obi service in Brazil . I have a problem with an ISP who is blocking port 5060,(In Brazil) and this prevents the registration of the  sip provider. I found this web site :http://www.sippp.com/.       
Their site states: "VOIP Outbound Proxy Service to bypass ISP blocks on 5060 port". This should work,and I am setting up a trial. ( I will post the results here.)

Unfortunately their service is not free. Does anyone know of any alternative solutions?
If there is nothing else out there, does anyone know what would it take to set up my own sip proxy service?

Thanks,

Larry

Stewart

A free PBXes account could launder the connection, if you can live with the restrictions (2000 min./mo., 60 min. max per call).  If you have an OBi in California, you might use it as a relay, via OBiTalk or another provider.

Who is the SIP provider?  Used how (outbound calls to what countries, DID from where, etc.)?  Many providers permit connections on alternate ports, or there may be another that better meets your requirements.

How do you know that the ISP is blocking the port (rather than e.g. a router with a problematic SIP ALG)?

bsdaiwa

Don't know which ISP you are using in Brasil but mine, BrasilTelecom now called Oi, does not block port 5060. I have been using SIP devices in Florianopolis to communicate with my family in California for over 9 years and have had no problems with ports for SIP devices.
By the way, can you post your settings so that we can compare them to try and improve the Brasil settings?