News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Temporarily make GV calls ring in Gmail & NOT on the Obitalk?

Started by mseifullah, March 02, 2012, 11:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseifullah

Ever since I've gotten my Obitalk 100 set up, all of my incoming calls ring at the physical phone connected to my Obitalk device and not in Gmail. And that's fine.

But today, it occurred to me that if I'm out of town and I can't get to the physical phone connected to the Obi device, I would need to for the incoming call to ring on Gmail.

So the question is — short of deleting the SP Google Voice account information on the Obitalk — is there any way to have incoming calls ring on the phone connected to the Obitalk AND in Gmail? OR preferably, — so that no one at home accidentally picks up my calls when I'm out of town — is there anyway to set it so that calls DO NOT ring on the Obitalk and only ring in Gmail? Or is the only practical solution to just delete the SP account info on the device before I leave town?

RonR

Quote from: mseifullah on March 02, 2012, 11:08:55 AM
Or is the only practical solution to just delete the SP account info on the device before I leave town?

You don't have to delete the SP account info in the OBi.  Simply disable the SP Service:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> Enable : (unchecked)

mseifullah

I suppose my problem is that for the life of me, I can't find that option (SPx Service -> Enable) anywhere on the dashboard.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. The option is in the Obi Expert configuration settings. Thanks for letting me know that the ability exists.

RonR

You'll have to use OBi Expert Configuration or (the much easier approach) log into the OBi directly at IP address returned by dialing ***1.

If you configure the OBi directly, you must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

mseifullah

Quote from: RonR on March 02, 2012, 11:54:31 AM
You'll have to use OBi Expert Configuration or (the much easier approach) log into the OBi directly at IP address returned by dialing ***1.

I didn't realize that it was tucked away in that section. Thanks.