News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DTMF not working with 1.3.0 (Build: 2675)

Started by userobi110, March 06, 2012, 12:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

userobi110

My OBI110 is on 1.3.0 (Build: 2675). I have setup the Google Voice (GV) on SP1. The DTMF suddenly stopped working. What can be the possible reason? What settings should I check?

Thanks for all your help.

everest1

The same issue has been discussed in other threads like this one:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2528.0

If it doesn't go away, you may want to try build 2669, which is pretty stable, I think.

userobi110

If I press the same number few times (like dialed 7 four times to mark the message read in GV), finally it understands. I already have this setup:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF : (checked)

Any consensus on build 2669? Does it work all the time? After I put the 2675 build, new VM indicators in my panasonic phone is working 100% of time. When I was on 2669, VM indicator was not working.

I guess, DTMF is more important than the VM indicator. If you call a number and it asks you to push another number - you are out of luck. Is it a GV problem or the OBI f/w problem?

Stewart

Try ITSP Profile A -> General -> DTMFMethod : InBand

userobi110

After this change DTMF is working on build 2675.
       ITSP Profile A -> General -> DTMFMethod : InBand

Thank you.

userobi110

InBand fix worked for few days. Now, it stopped working. Any clue, what's going on? This is really frustrating experience. One day it works. Next day it doesn't work.

Any suggestion to fix this problem will be really appreciated.

RonR

Quote from: userobi110 on March 11, 2012, 12:21:28 PM
InBand fix worked for few days. Now, it stopped working. Any clue, what's going on? This is really frustrating experience. One day it works. Next day it doesn't work.

Any suggestion to fix this problem will be really appreciated.

Inband is known to be problematic when calling telephone systems using Asterisk.  Since Asterisk is a very popular and widely used SIP server software, using Inband is almost guaranteed to give erratic results.

Selecting Auto for DTMFMethod is the best choice and works 100% of the time for me.

userobi110

Thanks. I changed DTMFMethod to Auto. It's working now. Let me see how long it works ok. I will update here.

Marc

What's the 'OBiTALK Settings' default DTMFMethod setting?

In other words, is it necessary to go into expert mode to set this to auto?

I have similar problems, on & off.  Today I couldn't get gv voicemail to recognize 7 in order to archive a vm.

Thanks..
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

RonR

Quote from: Marc on March 11, 2012, 08:17:56 PM

The default setting in the OBi itself is Auto.

The OBiTALK Web Portal could be setting it to something else.  The only setting that really counts is the one in the OBi itself, so you need to log into the OBi directly to know for sure what setting is really in effect.

Marc

Quote from: RonR on March 11, 2012, 08:31:26 PM
Quote from: Marc on March 11, 2012, 08:17:56 PM

The default setting in the OBi itself is Auto.

The OBiTALK Web Portal could be setting it to something else.  The only setting that really counts is the one in the OBi itself, so you need to log into the OBi directly to know for sure what setting is really in effect.

Thanks for the reply and info.  I'll do just that and check.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

everest1

Quote from: Stewart on March 06, 2012, 04:48:47 PM
Try ITSP Profile A -> General -> DTMFMethod : InBand

Thank you, Stewart.

Now my Obi 110 is working fine again (2675) with this change.