News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Loud Static then can't hear other party

Started by MI_Joe, March 07, 2012, 05:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MI_Joe

Here is the problem in detail:
Make or receive call and all is well.  6:50-7:10 into the call, loud static sets in and I cannot hear the other party, but the other party can hear us.  The static is only there for 5-7 seconds.  I have watched the OBI100 device and all lights are green as should be... no red lights.  Hang up and immediately call back the party and same thing transpires.

Configuration:
-Charter Internet, 15mb.
-Linksys WRT120N wireless router.
-OBI100 connected to port on Linksys router.
-Phone line to Obi100 connects 3 phones.  The line from the obi100 is new cat5 using 1 pair (2 wires) to punch down block where the 3 phone lines are using new cat5 lines using 2 pair to the phone jack where the phones are connected.
-Google Voice configured for both lines in the OBi100.

Here is what I have tried thus far...
-Set QOS on router to high for OBI device
-Swapped original OBi100 device with new OBi100
-Different phones... all do the same thing
-Phone connected directly to OBI100
-OBI100 connected directly to Internet (bypass router by directly connecting it to cable modem).

I am truly out of ideas.  At this point I think I will try and play with increasing the milliamps on the off hook settings or perhaps decrease it.  Is there tech support for these devices?

MI_Joe

Follow up:

I had this same problem with two of the Obi100 units.  I got a Obi110 last week and have not had this problem at all.  Must be a flaw in the Obi100's.  Not sure what it is, but I hope this helps others and perhaps ObiTalk.