News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can someone please tell me why I only hear silience now when I use my Obi110?

Started by otherwhirl, March 07, 2012, 10:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otherwhirl

Can't make any calls out can't receive any calls!

All of this out of the blue all of a sudden.

I posted another thread on this topic and with nearly 50 views not a single response... :-[

Should I reset my settings from scratch?

I'm stuck

RonR

Can you reach the echo test at **9 222 222 222?

When you log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1, what is the status for your service providers (SP1 and/or SP2) and the OBiTALK service shown on the System Status page?

Have you tried connecting the OBi directly to your modem?  Can you then make calls or reach the echo test?

otherwhirl

So I was able to perform the echo test and I heard my voice echo . (still using my modem & router)

I also did  the '***1'  and it  said my "DHCP is enabled"

So I tried directly from my modem and got this  error message " There is no service available to complete your call..."

Quote from: RonR on March 07, 2012, 10:21:28 PM

When you log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1, what is the status for your service providers (SP1 and/or SP2) and the OBiTALK service shown on the System Status page?

Have you tried connecting the OBi directly to your modem?  Can you then make calls or reach the echo test?

lhm.

otherwhirl

Has this actually worked for you in the past? Or is a guesstimate?

Quote from: lhm. on March 08, 2012, 11:44:00 AM
Find a paper clip and reset Obi to defaults. Reenter settings.  :'(

lhm.

I have had a setting or two change that I did not make. How that happened I don't know. (firmware upgrades , reboot ??) You have already spent some time on this issue, so why not start fresh.

otherwhirl

So, the answer to my question is yes?

i'll try it. I just don't have time to waste . At this point i'm considering other options...

Quote from: lhm. on March 09, 2012, 06:23:59 AM
I have had a setting or two change that I did not make. How that happened I don't know. (firmware upgrades , reboot ??) You have already spent some time on this issue, so why not start fresh.

otherwhirl

Where exactly do I reenter my settings? (and what settings ...)

Is there a specific help link for resetting ?

Quote from: lhm. on March 08, 2012, 11:44:00 AM
Find a paper clip and reset Obi to defaults. Reenter settings.  :'(

RonR

Quote from: otherwhirl on March 08, 2012, 10:53:30 AM
So I was able to perform the echo test and I heard my voice echo . (still using my modem & router)

So I tried directly from my modem and got this  error message " There is no service available to complete your call..."

Have you tried connecting the OBi directly to your modem?  Can you then make calls or reach the echo test?

Since the echo test was successful, your OBi is connected to the Internet and most likely not defective.

You didn't answer my question of what the OBi's System Status page reports for SP1 and/or SP2 status when you log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

When you connected the OBi directly to your modem, bypassing your router, did you power-cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the direct connection?  At the very least, you still should be able to reach the echo test unless you have a DSL modem which is in Bridge mode with your router doing PPPoE.  What kind of modem are your using?

otherwhirl

Hey Ron,

The status says offline for both. Why has that changed?

I have comcast cable 20mbps. I'm using the Ubee D3.0 modem.

Yes, I did power cycle both the modem & Obi when I plugged in directly to the modem.

Man.... this sucks :-\

Quote from: RonR on March 09, 2012, 11:17:40 AM
Quote from: otherwhirl on March 08, 2012, 10:53:30 AM

Since the echo test was successful, your OBi is connected to the Internet and most likely not defective.

You didn't answer my question of what the OBi's System Status page reports for SP1 and/or SP2 status when you log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

When you connected the OBi directly to your modem, bypassing your router, did you power-cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the direct connection?  At the very least, you still should be able to reach the echo test unless you have a DSL modem which is in Bridge mode with your router doing PPPoE.  What kind of modem are your using?