News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Potential customer question

Started by jacobpritchard, March 08, 2012, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobpritchard

Hi guys, I'm looking at purchasing a device from Obi, but have been trying to figure out if it will work for my specific needs.

I want to port 2 Google Voice numbers into one device. From what I read, that is no problem.

However, I want to have the option to switch between the 2 numbers in terms of what shows up on the caller ID. Can anyone tell me how hard that would be to do?

Thanks!

Jake

jimates

You don't port any numbers to an Obi. You configure the Obi to use the existing service that you already have.

If you have 2 google voice numbers, you set one account up on SP1 and the other on SP2. Then depending on which line you use to dial out determines which caller id is shown on the receiving end.

RonR

Quote from: jacobpritchard on March 08, 2012, 10:52:27 AM
However, I want to have the option to switch between the 2 numbers in terms of what shows up on the caller ID. Can anyone tell me how hard that would be to do?

With two Google Voice accounts configured on an OBi, one will normally be your PrimaryLine.  By default, calls will be placed using your PrimaryLine account.  To use the alternate account, you would prefix the dialed number with **1 (if your PrimaryLine is SP2) or **2 (if your PrimaryLine is SP1).

jacobpritchard

Thanks guys! That answers my question and looks like things are super simple and will be a great match for my needs based on that. I'll probably be ordering one later today!

Jake

MurrayB