News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to make OBI play a message for blocked / unknown / anonymous incoming caller

Started by mike_terror, March 08, 2012, 09:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveSin

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : .......,{?:sp1(1aaaXXXXXXX)},.........

The syntax specifies which outgoing trunk is used for the forward leg of the call, in this case, sp1.  So, no, SP2 is not used to send the call to GV2 Voicemail. This way, you do not pay for the outgoing calls.  If you wanted to use sp2 (Callcentric setup on sp2, the syntax would be:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : .......,{?:sp2(1aaaXXXXXXX)},.........

Again, you can also put the first syntax in your inbound call route for sp2, so call coming in on your callcentric trunk (sp2) would go out on your GV1 trunk.  This is assuming of course you have a callcentric DID (telephone number).

mike_terror

Quote from: DaveSin on March 09, 2012, 08:43:03 AM
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : .......,{?:sp1(1aaaXXXXXXX)},.........

The syntax specifies which outgoing trunk is used for the forward leg of the call, in this case, sp1.  So, no, SP2 is not used to send the call to GV2 Voicemail. This way, you do not pay for the outgoing calls.  If you wanted to use sp2 (Callcentric setup on sp2, the syntax would be:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : .......,{?:sp2(1aaaXXXXXXX)},.........

Again, you can also put the first syntax in your inbound call route for sp2, so call coming in on your callcentric trunk (sp2) would go out on your GV1 trunk.  This is assuming of course you have a callcentric DID (telephone number).

Thanks DaveSin! Makes complete sense now after I read it over a couple of times. This seems like the better approach because I won't have to pay a monthly fee for a DID, and I also don't have to pay to have my CallCentric "Pay Per Call" to dial out.

1 last question though, based on your suggestion, if a blocked caller dialed into my SP1 line (Google Voice), I didn't know that the OBI can use that same SP1 line to forward him to my SECOND Google Voice# (the one with the greeting). I thought it was a must to use the SP2 trunk to forward / dial out if the caller dialed into the SP1?

RonR

Quote from: mike_terror on March 09, 2012, 12:12:13 PM
1 last question though, based on your suggestion, if a blocked caller dialed into my SP1 line (Google Voice), I didn't know that the OBI can use that same SP1 line to forward him to my SECOND Google Voice# (the one with the greeting). I thought it was a must to use the SP2 trunk to forward / dial out if the caller dialed into the SP1?

Each Google Voice account is capable of two concurrent calls (2 in/2 out/1 in + 1 out).