News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI to OBI set-up

Started by AndyG, March 09, 2012, 11:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyG

Since I must be having a senior moment & can't find what I'm looking for, could anyone answer this question for me please?

I have 2 Obi110 devices and one will be shipped to Europe to my Mother in Law. I want to make sure that she won't get spam calls in the middle of the night and the only way she'll use the OBi110 is to direct dial another Obi# starting with **9.

I'm not registering any devices with VOIP providers and I don't have GV account. Is there anything else I need to do to make sure the only calls she'll get are the one from other Obi direct dial?

Thanks, Andy.

RonR

To only accept calls from OBiTALK number 200123456, set:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456:ph}

If there's only one OBi she'll be calling, you could make her OBi "Hot Dial" that OBi as soon as she picks up the phone by adding:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap : (<S0:**9200123456>|...)

If there's more than one OBi she'll be calling, you could set up Speed Dials for each of them.

AndyG

QuoteTo only accept calls from OBiTALK number 200123456, set:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456:ph}

Sound great. What if there would be 4 devices total, do  I just add to this rule to accommodate for the other 2 Obi's?

Also, I tried to disable AA from her device just like this example here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2361.0

But I wasn't successful, my changes don't stick after the reboot.  

My settings look like this:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute :

{(290123456|200123456)>(xx.):LI},{290123456|200123456):aa},{ph}

I just want her to connect directly to another Obi device without the AA response and fprcing her to press #1 to continue with the call.

Thanks.

RonR

Your Auto Attendant problem is due to adding the OBi's to the Circle-of-Trust.  Leave the Circle-of-Trust empty.

If you want to allow multiple OBi's to call the one in Europe:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {(200123001|200123002|200123003|200123004):ph}

If you're configuring the OBi directly, you also need to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

or the OBiTALK Web Portal will overwrite your changes with its settings.

AndyG

QuoteYour Auto Attendant problem is due to adding the OBi's to the Circle-of-Trust.  Leave the Circle-of-Trust empty.

Well, my Circle-of-Trust was empty... perhaps disabling the ITSP & OBiTALK provisioning helped becouse it worked like a charm.

RonR, thank you for your help & support, it's greatly appreciated  :)

Andy.

Stewart

In addition to what you have set up so far, you might want to add GV and/or another service, so that you can make or receive the calls using a mobile phone on one or both ends.  When you have 5 to 10 timezones between parties, there is not a big window when both are at home and not sleeping, so having access from mobiles is very convenient.  It should be possible to add this capability without sacrificing the privacy and security that you desire.

For example, with a Google Voice account on the European OBi, your mother-in-law could talk to her kids on their mobiles, at no cost except local airtime.  Using the OBiON app, it may also be possible to avoid minutes usage.

Using a mobile on the European side is tougher, though if you provide some details (country, carrier, type of plan), there is likely a reasonably inexpensive solution, possibly by using the OBi's callback feature.