News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Busy signal when calling *some* phones

Started by Bumstead, March 10, 2012, 04:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumstead

Hi,

I just setup OBitalk with GV and it works most of the time.  I can call some phones fine (my brother's landline, my wife's cell phone) but other phones always return a busy signal.  My home land line, my daughter-in-law's cell. 

Any suggestions?

Stewart

Have you tried dialing the failing number as 1+areacode+number?

If you shut down the OBi and call from GV, do the problematic numbers work ok?  If not, please look up the numbers at http://tnid.us/ and report what is shown for Current Telephone Company, City and State.

Bumstead

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I dial my land line direct from GV it rings my OBitalk GV phone, NOT my land line.  I can call from my other GV number and the land line rings correctly.

My internet is DSL through the phone company if that means anything.

Stewart

Please describe your setup in more detail.  Do you have an OBi110?  If so, is your landline connected to the Line port?  Any phones connected directly to the landline (as opposed to the OBi's Phone port)?

Can you call your daughter-in-law's cell phone ok from Gmail?  When you attempt to call from the phone connected to your OBi, what does the OBi's Call History show (what service was used to make the call, is the number in the correct format, i.e. 11 digits for GV)?

Bumstead

The problem now is strictly with my landline.  I can call all other lines ok.
My OBi 110 is cabled to my router and my phone is plugged into the phone jack of the 110 and works great.

I have a second phone plugged into my landline wall outlet.

When I call the landline number from my OBitalk phone or direct from GV the landline number is always busy. 

In practice I'll never want to do this, just curious why it's happening.