News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto attendant only allow access to speed dial

Started by user17600, March 11, 2012, 08:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

user17600

I've been searching the forums, and if this has been answered please forgive me for missing it.

I know that the AA is either PIN protected or not.  The question I have is simple: if I choose to not use a PIN, is there a way to restrict outgoing calls to those defined in speed dial?

That is, if I set up the AA to answer all calls, and changed the greetings to reference speed dials, what would prevent someone from pressing 2 and dialing a non-speedcall number?

I've not been able to find a call route to address this issue, so any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks, and loving the most undersold portion of the OBI-110: the ability of the devise to function as a firewall of sorts for the POTS portion of our services, bringing VOIP-like control to POTS.

Stewart

I would guess that setting Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Auto Attendant 1 -> Digit Map to e.g.
([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|0)
should allow only speed dials and ringing the Phone port.

user17600

Thanks, Stewart, that does seem to work.  Does the ([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|0) syntax mean "allow choices of 1-9" | "max of 2 digits" with "first digit is 0-9" and "second digit 0-9" | "and allow for connect to phone line")?  Just trying to understand the syntax when I create an updated digitmap or call route.

Cheers

RonR

user17600,

Your understanding is correct.  You may find the OBi Device Administration Guide interesting reading.

user17600

Thanks gents.  Follow you on the DSLR forum too.

I have read the admin guide, cover to cover, but it's, ah, a little hard to interpret sometimes.  And I've been doing VOIP, asterisk, etc., for a bit of time, so confounding me is a modest accomplishment.

Anyhoo, another question if I might: is it possible to create a digitmap that screens both 1800 and 800 numbers.  GV sends CID with the country code (1-xxx; as you know), but local telco sends CID without.  It would be nice to create a single exclusion list which covers both instances, rather than double entry.

Thanks for your insights.

RonR

Quote from: user17600 on March 12, 2012, 05:00:34 PM
is it possible to create a digitmap that screens both 1800 and 800 numbers.  GV sends CID with the country code (1-xxx; as you know), but local telco sends CID without.  It would be nice to create a single exclusion list which covers both instances, rather than double entry.

If you looking for an InboundCallRoute embedded DigitMap that matches toll-free numbers with and without a leading '1':

(1?8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx)