News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Tones not working after connecting with an IVR system

Started by Rick, March 12, 2012, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

I'm having trouble calling a company and then putting in tones for an extension.  I've verified the issue is with GV / OBi since I can make the call fine on my cell.

I've tried both calling directly from my phone, and calling via GV on the computer and ringing my phone, which uses a different GV number (but both go through the OBi since I have no POTS).  Neither works.  I can make the call fine, the system answers, and when I put in the extension of the person I'm trying to reach (4 digits), it takes 2-3 of them.  Even pushing zero for operator doesn't work. 

For a test I called a different IVR (Delta), and it also had similar issues.

I've looked around on the GV forums and found no solutions.  On the OBi forum I found this suggestion: Change the Phone port DTMFRxMode from "Hardware" to "Software".  I tried that, and it made a difference on Delta, haven't check the other system.

Question - what exactly does that do and what might it affect adversely if anything?  And is it a fluke that it worked, or is that the right thing to try?

everest1

I had this problem before, which is now ok after changed ITSP Profile A -> General -> DTMFMethod : InBand.

Please see
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2729.0
for details.

Rick

Quote from: everest1 on March 14, 2012, 09:04:02 AM
I had this problem before, which is now ok after changed ITSP Profile A -> General -> DTMFMethod : InBand.

Please see
for details.

It looks like you changed it to Inband, then again had issues, so you changed it to Auto.  Mine is set to Auto, which doesn't change anything. 

The steps I took worked, I've asked OBi what that might do impact elsewhere and am awaiting an answer.

everest1

Quote from: Rick on March 14, 2012, 09:24:47 AM
Quote from: everest1 on March 14, 2012, 09:04:02 AM

Please see
for details.

It looks like you changed it to Inband, then again had issues, so you changed it to Auto. 

No, that's the story of another user.

It worked ok after changed to 'inband'.

Rick

It's been posted that Inband can cause issues at times. 

Since "Auto" doesn't work for me, I'm still waiting for comments on any bad effects from changing from "Hardware" to "Software".  That seemed to resolve my issues, but I'd like to know what I may have unleashed...  :)

RonR

PaulQ,

I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal (and therefore am unable to confirm that it exists there), but in the OBi it's at:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DTMFRxMode

As this setting doesn't exist in the OBi Device Administration Guide, it wouldn't surprise me if it's missing from the OBiTALK Web Portal also.

Ostracus

Quote from: RonR on March 25, 2012, 05:31:04 PM
PaulQ,

I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal (and therefore am unable to confirm that it exists there), but in the OBi it's at:

As this setting doesn't exist in the OBi Device Administration Guide, it wouldn't surprise me if it's missing from the OBiTALK Web Portal also.

Is it really that hard to look? I use both the direct method and the portal and yes DTMFRxMode is in both.

RonR

Quote from: Ostracus on March 25, 2012, 06:37:33 PM
Quote from: RonR on March 25, 2012, 05:31:04 PM
PaulQ,

Is it really that hard to look? I use both the direct method and the portal and yes DTMFRxMode is in both.

To take a look requires adding an OBi to the OBiTALK Web Portal.  My OBi's have very elaborate configurations.  Adding an OBi to the OBiTALK Web Portal destroys its current configuration.  Hard, no.  A PITA and time consuming, yes.