News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forwarding / Caller ID question: LandLine # to Anveo DID on Obi 110

Started by Robert.Thompson, March 14, 2012, 08:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

Hello:

I have not yet ported my LandLine phone # to Anveo.

I have forwarded my LandLine # to my Anveo DID which is SP2 on my OBi 110.

The CallerID that appears on my phone is my Anveo DID, regardless of who phones me.

Can I get the correct CallerID to appear on my phone?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Stewart

I've never heard of such a bizarre behavior.  If you call the Anveo DID directly, does the proper caller ID show?  If not, what shows in the OBi's Call History?  Does it help to set the Anveo DID to ring your SIP device directly (rather than use Call Flow)?

If calling the Anveo DID directly functions properly, what happens when you forward your landline to e.g. your cell phone?

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: Stewart on March 14, 2012, 09:47:56 AM
I've never heard of such a bizarre behavior.  If you call the Anveo DID directly, does the proper caller ID show?  If not, what shows in the OBi's Call History?  Does it help to set the Anveo DID to ring your SIP device directly (rather than use Call Flow)?

If calling the Anveo DID directly functions properly, what happens when you forward your landline to e.g. your cell phone?

Hi Stewart:

Call 1   03/14/2012    13:25:15   

Terminal ID   SP2   PHONE1
Peer Name   1514800xxxx   
Peer Number   1514441xxxx   
Direction   Inbound   Inbound
13:25:15   Ringing   
13:25:26   End Call   
Call 2   03/14/2012    13:24:43   

Terminal ID   SP2   PHONE1
Peer Name   1514800xxxx   
Peer Number   1514441xxxx   
Direction   Inbound   Inbound
13:24:43   Ringing   
13:24:56   End Call   

Both calls were placed from my cell (1514441xxxx). the first one to my landline # 1514365xxxx and the second to my Anveo DID 1514800xxxx.

Both calls appeared on my callID display as 1514800xxxx.

What do you mean when you say: Does it help to set the Anveo DID to ring your SIP device directly (rather than use Call Flow)?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Stewart

It seems that there are two things wrong: Anveo is sending your DID in the SIP "display name", and your phone (or perhaps the OBi) is using only the name and not showing the number.  Does your phone normally display both name and number?

CNAM works differently in Canada (compared to US), so I'm not sure what is happening, but if your Anveo Account Preferences has a CNAM Lookup tab, try checking the "I authorize ..." box and see if that makes a difference.

QBZappy

Robert.Thompson,

With voipms I can change my CID name to whatever I type in the "Account Name" configuration. If the SP provides for this you may be able to spoof CID that way as well.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ArneBolen

Quote from: Robert.Thompson on March 14, 2012, 08:02:20 AM
The CallerID that appears on my phone is my Anveo DID, regardless of who phones me.

Can I get the correct CallerID to appear on my phone?

Please make sure you have the following settings in your Call Transfer Control: