News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to prevent OBI from dialing speed dials?

Started by Felix, March 17, 2012, 07:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix

For some reasons my speed dials on the device get overwritten by Obitalk settings, and I am not yet ready to give up on Obitalk administration ;). So, I set up speed dials with the VSP to make it transparent to the users (my in-laws). That means that if they dial one or two digits (including `1'), it should still go on SP1.

I don't see where in digit map or call route it is controlled. Is what happens in case of one or two digits even configurable? I haven't tested it yet; I would like to know before I turn back the provisioning...

RonR

Quote from: Felix on March 17, 2012, 07:50:46 PM
For some reasons my speed dials on the device get overwritten by Obitalk settings, and I am not yet ready to give up on Obitalk administration ;).digits even configurable?

With Auto Provisioning enabled, the OBiTALK Web Portal is designed to overwrite Speed Dials just like everything else.  That's the way it's documented and that's the way it works for everyone else.  I know you think yours was not doing so in the past, but that's the fluke, not what you're seeing now.

Quote from: Felix on March 17, 2012, 07:50:46 PM
So, I set up speed dials with the VSP to make it transparent to the users (my in-laws). That means that if they dial one or two digits (including `1'), it should still go on SP1.

I don't see where in digit map or call route it is controlled. Is what happens in case of one or two digits even configurable? I haven't tested it yet; I would like to know before I turn back the provisioning...

You need to add rules to the appropriate DigitMap:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> General -> DigitMap:

([1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code for 7-digit dialing.

Felix

Quote from: RonR on March 17, 2012, 08:05:45 PM
With Auto Provisioning enabled, the OBiTALK Web Portal is designed to overwrite Speed Dials just like everything else.  That's the way it's documented and that's the way it works for everyone else.  I know you think yours was not doing so in the past, but that's the fluke, not what you're seeing now.

It's still not overwriting it on another device... so if it's a fluke - I like that fluke! I missed where it is documented. Anyway, it's a topic for a separate post.

Quote from: RonR on March 17, 2012, 08:05:45 PM
You need to add rules to the appropriate DigitMap:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> General -> DigitMap:

[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Interesting. I thought it was there when it did pick the speed dial numbers. Also, is S9 important? I would prefer to keep the timeout shorter - so at this time I put [1-9]x Would it cause a problem? I'll test tomorrow

RonR

Quote from: Felix on March 17, 2012, 10:23:46 PM
I missed where it is documented.

From the OBi Device Administration Guide:

Page 17:

Speed Dialing of 99 OBi Endpoints or Numbers

The OBi device supports Speed Dialing of 99 numbers. These numbers can be associated with phones reachable via an Internet or landline service or the OBiTALK network. Be careful with the Speed Dial Set-Up as this will conflict with the Speed Dials set-up on the OBiTALK portal. The Speed Dials that are set-up on the OBiTALK portal will always overwrite anything set-up via the phone connected to the OBi.

Page 19:

∞ Note: Be careful with the Speed Dial Set-Up as this will conflict with the Speed Dials set-up on the OBiTALK portal. The Speed Dials that are set-up on the OBiTALK portal will always overwrite anything set-up via the phone connected to the OBi.

Quote from: Felix on March 17, 2012, 10:23:46 PM
Also, is S9 important? I would prefer to keep the timeout shorter - so at this time I put [1-9]x Would it cause a problem?

You can use the timeout of your choice.

Felix

Quote from: RonR on March 17, 2012, 10:37:46 PM

From the OBi Device Administration Guide:

Page 17:

Speed Dialing of 99 OBi Endpoints or Numbers

The OBi device supports Speed Dialing of 99 numbers. These numbers can be associated with phones reachable via an Internet or landline service or the OBiTALK network. Be careful with the Speed Dial Set-Up as this will conflict with the Speed Dials set-up on the OBiTALK portal. The Speed Dials that are set-up on the OBiTALK portal will always overwrite anything set-up via the phone connected to the OBi.

Page 19:

∞ Note: Be careful with the Speed Dial Set-Up as this will conflict with the Speed Dials set-up on the OBiTALK portal. The Speed Dials that are set-up on the OBiTALK portal will always overwrite anything set-up via the phone connected to the OBi.
Thank you. Duly noted!

Felix

OK, here are my observations:
I put [1-9] in the dial plan, and turned off provisioning; to simplify the testing. I found out that if the speed dial entry exists, it takes precedence over dial plan - no matter what I do.
If speed dial entry doesn't exist, then dial plan rules apply.

Would be great if the gurus here could confirm that it is not possible to override speed dial entries...

Thanks

RonR

It appears that a check is made between the Digit Map Processor and the Outbound Call Route Processor for a dialed number of 1 - 99, and if the addressed Speed Dial is not empty, its contents is unconditionally substituted.  If the addressed Speed Dial is empty, then the dialed number is unchanged.

The result is what you've observed.  Dialing 1 - 99 always uses the addressed Speed Dial contents if it's not empty.  If the addressed Speed Dial is empty, then the dialed 1 - 99 number is sent to the Outbound Call Route Processor unchanged.