News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Groove IP App & Google Voice with Obihai ?

Started by dvbhardware, December 04, 2011, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvbhardware

I needed a GV App that could make and receive calls, I have an Obihai 100 with GV in my home office.
Using Groove ip app works great on android but when running it take control of the ringer and does not allow the home office to ring. I guess it registers with GV as first priority to route the call. In order to get the home office line to ring I have to go to on the cell phone settings -applications- manage- Groove ip- force stop. Once I do this the device ring priority goes back to the Obi and the office phone ring works again.
Any Ideas on having office and cell both ring, or how to word this question to the app developer.

Thanks

Jimmy

RonR

If you're willing to use the Obihai OBiON App on your Android instead of Grrove, you can configure the OBi to simultaneously ring its PHONE Port and the OBiON App:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob290123456),ph}

where 290123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBiON App.

dvbhardware

I did try the obion app but I do not think  it runs in the background to receive calls,,, or does it ? Also I hope it uses data and not minutes

Thanks for X_InboundCallRoute

Jimmy

RonR

Quote from: dvbhardware on December 05, 2011, 09:39:37 AM
I did try the obion app but I do not think  it runs in the background to receive calls,,, or does it ?

I don't have any experience with the OBiON App for Android phones.  I only know how it's supposed to work in theory, not in practice.

Quote from: dvbhardware on December 05, 2011, 09:39:37 AM
Also I hope it uses data and not minutes

The OBiON Apps use data, not minutes.

dvbhardware

{pp(ob290123456),ph} will not ring both phones only landline but pp(ob290123456) will ring the cell

Jimmy

dvbhardware

X_InboundCallRoute {ph,pp(290xxxxxx)} only works once when applying through the local IP Sp1 services, I submit ,, reboot and some how it keeps reverting back to ph.
I had to add it through the expert configuration to make the settings stick.
works great know!

Jimmy

RonR

If you're making changes to the OBi locally, you must set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

or the OBiTALK Web Portal will keep forcing the OBi back to its settings.

s.port

I loved Groove IP on my Xoom tablet, but came to the realization I'd have to switch to ObiON and be able to have the home phone and tablet ring at the same time. Well ObiON is not working. I wish I could keep using Groove IP and have it ring simultaniously with the home phone. If anybody knows how it'd be appreciated.

dvbhardware

Once Groove IP registers a connection (logs in) with Google voice it becomes the registered path for the connection and cuts out the Obi. I wanted to have both phones to ring also for convenience at home. I find the obion speaker phone terrible and do not like the way it imports phone #'s. It could be a great app with a little tweaking and cosmetic appearance.
Jimmy

Spectrum_Holobyte

I have GV ringing my home line via Obihai and my Android via SIP at the same time (my cell coverage at home is horrible).  It's a kludge and it took some doing, but it works surprisingly well.

1) Register with a free SIP server such as Callcentric.
2) Get a DID number from IPKall (IPKall has a form to register Callcentric accounts, which makes it easy).
3) Add the IPKall number to the list of forwarding phones in Google Voice.
4) Use an android SIP soft phone such as CSipSimple (CSipSimple also has a form to register Callcentric accounts).

It would be nice if GV terminated calls to SIP instead of just PSTN.  If and when they do it will be possible to eliminate steps 2 and 3 from both the setup and the routing.  Until they do...

Anyway, this will enable inbound traffic.  If you want to call outbound to a PSTN number you'll still need to start GrooveIP and temporarily cut off your Obihai from GV.  At least you don't need to keep it that way in the background for incomming calls though.

lk96

Quote from: RonR on December 05, 2011, 10:33:08 AM
I don't have any experience with the OBiOB App for Android phones.  I only know how it's supposed to work in theory, not in practice.

I'm using Obion on and android phone to get my cell ring on calls forwarded from the Obi as described by RonR.
In my case, unless you explciitly exit the application, it seems it is running on the background.
I'm using the Nexus One google phone.

L.

MarieGippy

Yeah even I am using Nexus Google phone, it's simply outstanding.