News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 Call disconnect issues

Started by rude, March 21, 2012, 08:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rude

All,

I've currently been battling with some issues relating to call drops and users unable to call the phone connected to my Obi device at times. I have logged the call with support and they seem to be stumped. SO just reaching out to see if anyone has any thoughts/suggestions. Here goes...

I have an Obi110 device which connects to a Linksys WRT160n wireless router and that connects to ADSL2+ modem device. I can successfully place calls but at times my calls would just disconnect. On my end when the disconnect occurs I get a dial tone but the user on the other end does not notice that the call is terminated.

Also users have reported that sometimes when calling my line they can't seem to get through to me. I have since tested this and it seems that there are times when I dial my GV number and the attached phone does not ring. This call though is recorded in Google Voice as a missed call as well as in the GMail chat application.

Tests with the Gmail application running and the Obi device turned off have shown consistent uptime and stability with no seen errors. I setup a log server to record the messages coming from the Obi device and saw several "tcp:broken connection (xmpp) and  GTT: xmpp service down"  occurring at random times even when the device is not in use.

Any assistance with the above would be greatly appreciated.

NB. I have also tried tests with the device connected to the modem directly and have had similar issues.

Rudy

QBZappy

rude,

When using the OBi, it may be necessary to not be logged in GTalk any computer at the same time. I've seen several posts with mixed results when having both OBI and the computer registered.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

rude

QBZappy,

I have confirmed that this is not the case. I have created a separate GV account for use on the Obi device. Hence  no reason to log in anywhere else.

rude

Anyone has any additional feedback or thoughts on the above errors?

Rikeman

i am having the same issue.  It was ok for a couple of months nothing changed.. Only the updates... But for some reason my friends tried to call me and my phone doesn't ring and they go directly to google voicemail.  It is really annoying since you will not know that this is happening already.  What i do for temporary solution is to reboot the Obi device and it will go back to the normal operation for a couple of days then for some reason people cannot call me again... I first started to notice this when i update my Obi last February.   i taught the March update will fix it but i was wrong.. still having this problem.     Hope anyone can advice us on what to do..

thanks,

rike

rude

Rikeman,

Have you tried to enable logging on the Obi device and see if you receive the same errors I am? Also what is your setup like..i.e type of router etc