News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110, GV and PSTN line-AA delay?

Started by mrnaughty, March 21, 2012, 06:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrnaughty

Hi!
I got OBi110 setup with SP1-GV, SP2-CallCentric and PSTN line. when I call  from outside with number setup to route to Auto Attendant, my pSTN house line ring twice before AA kicks in and whoever picks up line at home can hear AA prompts..
my Question: can that delay be removed that set caller ID numbers go to AA without delay?

PS: SP1 Service, X_InboundCallRoute: {(x.1858XXXXXXX|x.17XXXXXXXXX|x.7XXXXXXXXX):aa}
??? ???

RonR

Are you calling your Google Voice number?

Do you have Google Voice set to ring your PSTN number in addition to Google Chat?  Nornally, this is not done.

Do you have a telephone connected to your PSTN line in addition to the OBi LINE Port?  Normally, this is not done.

mrnaughty

Quote from: RonR on March 21, 2012, 06:40:43 PM
Are you calling your Google Voice number?

Do you have Google Voice set to ring your PSTN number in addition to Google Chat?  Nornally, this is not done.

Do you have a telephone connected to your PSTN line in addition to the OBi LINE Port?  Normally, this is not done.

1) Yes, Google number or PSTN line from number set at InboundCallRoute.
2) NO
3) Yes: PSTN line in and regular phone. (There is another phone in the house with fax connected to it.

RonR

Calling your Google Voice number will not cause the telephone connected to your PSTN line to ring unless you have Google Voice calling it.  The OBi does not ring phones connected to its LINE Port.

An incoming call to Google Voice that rings only Google Chat will be answered by the Auto Attendant if the calling number is routed to the Auto Attendant by a rule in the SP1 X_InboundCallRoute.  This will occur without ringing any telephones.

mrnaughty

Quote from: RonR on March 21, 2012, 07:30:12 PM
Calling your Google Voice number will not cause the telephone connected to your PSTN line to ring unless you have Google Voice calling it.  The OBi does not ring phones connected to its LINE Port.

An incoming call to Google Voice that rings only Google Chat will be answered by the Auto Attendant if the calling number is routed to the Auto Attendant by a rule in the SP1 X_InboundCallRoute.  This will occur without ringing any telephones.

Sorry, what I meant: when I call my (house) PSTN line from GV or second pre-set #: this delay will occur.

RonR

The OBi expects the PSTN line to be connected to its LINE Port and all telephones to be connected to the OBi PHONE Port.

When a call comes into the PSTN line, the OBi must wait for the second ring in order to receive CallerID, which is transmitted between the first and second ring.  If you have a telephone connected directly to the PSTN line, you're going to hear those rings unless you disable its ringer.

mrnaughty

Quote from: RonR on March 21, 2012, 07:47:43 PM
The OBi expects the PSTN line to be connected to its LINE Port and all telephones to be connected to the OBi PHONE Port.

When a call comes into the PSTN line, the OBi must wait for the second ring in order to receive CallerID, which is transmitted between the first and second ring.  If you have a telephone connected directly to the PSTN line, you're going to hear those rings unless you disable its ringer.

Thanks! At least I know I done everything right and it is not broken.