News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to call forward all incoming calls coming in to SP2 to SP1

Started by fredder, March 22, 2012, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredder

Hi I have SP1 set up as my google voice #

SP2 is a voip service.

I would like all incoming calls coming in to SP2 to automatically call forward to SP1 (my google voice #).  I have set Google Voice to ring my PSTN home number.

I have ticked the box to enable CallForwardUnconditionalEnable

Under Voice Service--SP2 Service--CallForwardUnconditionalNumber I have entered 'SP1"

That does not work.  What am I doing wrong?

RonR

When you forward a call, you have to forward it to a particular number using a particular service provider.  To have all incoming calls to SP2 forwarded to your PSTN home number using Google Voice, replace 12341234567 below with your PSTN home number.

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallForwardUnconditionalEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallForwardUnconditionalNumber : SP1(12341234567)

where SP1 is the service provider to use and 12341234567 is the number you want called.

You do not need Google Voice set to ring your PSTN home number for this because you are not calling your Google Voice number.  You are using Google Voice as the service provider.

fredder

thank you, that worked.

Is there a way to call forward all calls unconditionally, except for the 'Trusted Callers'--those callers would get OBIs auto-attendant?

RonR

Quote from: fredder on March 23, 2012, 05:01:24 AM
Is there a way to call forward all calls unconditionally, except for the 'Trusted Callers'--those callers would get OBIs auto-attendant?

You cannot use CallForwardUnconditional in that case.  You would need to use:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:

{(12345550001|12345550002|123455550003):aa},{sp1(12341234567)}

where 12345550001, 123455550002, and 12345550003 are callers to be sent to the Auto Attendant.

RonR

Shammi,

InboundCallRoute rules only affect connecting the call.  They have no effect on audio issues.

Audio issues are almost always NAT/router issues.  You might try forwarding the RTP ports in your router.

RonR

By default, the OBi uses ports 16600-16998 for RTP.  Hopefully, your router has an area where you can set ports to be forwarded.  You would forward the range 16600-16998 to the LAN IP address of your OBi.  The protocol is UDP.

Shammi

Quote from: RonR on May 03, 2012, 04:57:15 PM
By default, the OBi uses ports 16600-16998 for RTP.  Hopefully, your router has an area where you can set ports to be forwarded.  You would forward the range 16600-16998 to the LAN IP address of your OBi.  The protocol is UDP.

Hello RonR,

I need your attention again. Can not receive call on my phone (Sp1). Also can not hear when i call (and get connected ) from phone (sp1) to sp2 that automatically transfers to my cell unconditionally.

This is the setting in my router
1. Set the LAN port and IP information.
 Starting Port: 16600
 Ending Port: 16998
 Protocol: UDP
 LAN IP Address:   obi IP address

However, I did not put anything in the following section

2. Set the remote port and IP information. (Optional)
 Starting Port:   
 Ending Port:   
 Set Remote IP Address:   

Quote from: RonR on December 31, 2011, 11:49:16 AM
I always forward SIP and RTP ports.  I give each ATA its own range of each and then explicitly forward those ranges to the appropriate device (whose IP address is fixed by static DHCP assignment).  I also use a STUN server in each device (stun.ideasip.com).  I have never enabled ICE or used any of the optional parameters.

Some argue that all these steps shouldn't be necessary, but in combination with Tomato firmware in the router, I never have call connection problems nor audio issues of any sort.

In case, you want to know my setting for both, ITSP Profile A & B:-

Name         *   
SignalingProtocol                         SIP   
DTMFMethod                               Auto
X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF   checked!       
DigitMap (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|<8835100>xxxxxxxx|8835100xxxxxxxx|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)   
STUNEnable   checked         
STUNServer   checked         
X_STUNServerPort   xxxx         
X_ICEEnable       checked            
X_SymmetricRTPEnable     checked         

Thanks
Shammi

RonR

Shammi

Hello ronR,
Do I have to sign up with services like STUN server (stun.ideasip.com) if I enable
STUNEnable   checked         
STUNServer   checked     

RonR

No, simply set:

STUNEnable : (checked)
STUNServer : stun.ideasip.com
X_STUNServerPort : (Default checked)