News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't turn off GV recording

Started by karrun1, March 28, 2012, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karrun1

I am using GV with an OBI110 phone adapter. Sometimes when I am on a call, I hear a female voice state "Your call is being recorded". This happens without me pressing any button to intitiate recording. Apparently you can opt into recording each call by choosing Call Options    Enable Recording (4), Switch (*) and Conferencing options on inbound calls  under call settings. Problem is, this box is not checked. When I go to GV and check my call record, it appears that most, if not all, of my calls are being recorded.
I find this feature extrememly irritating and potentially embarassing. How do I turn this off.

RonR

When Google Voice is accessed using XMPP protocol to make and receive calls (which the OBi does), many of the Google Voice options are apparently not honored.

karrun1

So there is nothing to be done about this? I have to have all my conversations recorded?

RonR

Quote from: karrun1 on March 28, 2012, 12:36:32 PM
So there is nothing to be done about this? I have to have all my conversations recorded?

Not that I'm aware of.  The recordings starting is the result of not-so-uncommon DTMF falsing on voice.

I believe all of this is outside the control of the OBi and is on the Google Voice end.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: karrun1 on March 28, 2012, 07:27:24 AM
I am using GV with an OBI110 phone adapter. Sometimes when I am on a call, I hear a female voice state "Your call is being recorded". This happens without me pressing any button to intitiate recording. Apparently you can opt into recording each call by choosing Call Options    Enable Recording (4), Switch (*) and Conferencing options on inbound calls  under call settings. Problem is, this box is not checked.

I have found that sometimes Google Voice's configuration gets messed up and you have to toggle the feature (turn it on if it's off), maybe place a call to your Google Voice number to get it to re-read the configuration, then turn the feature back off again, and then (if you are lucky) it will "stick".  However, some features apparently can't be turned off when using Google Chat, such as Call Screening (the necessity to send a DTMF "1" when answering the call.  But I HAVE had some luck disabling the feature you're talking about, so at least give it a try.  Might work, might not.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

jimates

I agree, I had the problem a few times in the past. I turned the feature on and then off for a while. Now I have it turned back on (for * call forwarding) and do not have any call record occurring by mistake.