News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming landline calls not recognised

Started by AndyQ, March 30, 2012, 06:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyQ

I've been setting up my new OBI110 this morning, and it's almost gone well!

So far I am just setting it up for use of my existing landline and OBITalk. I'll add other stuff later. So basically what I am doing is the "out of the box, no PC needed" configuration.

The **9 222222222 echo test from my analogue handsets works.
I can make outgoing calls from my analogue handsets via the landline (British Telecom)

BUT if I dial my home phone from my mobile then

• my mobile reports a ringtone
  • if there is an analogue phone in parallel with the OBI's "line" connector then that rings
  • the OBI shows no sign of recognising that anything is going on
  • the analogue phones connected to the OBI "phone" port don't ring
  • nothing appears in the OBI's call history

Is there anything I need to do to the config to get this to to work?

Thanks

Andy

Stewart

Assuming a landline, this is very strange.  Please post any "special" details about the line, e.g. part of triple-play package, derived from ISDN, local PBX extension, etc.

For the Line port, try setting RingValidationTime down to 150 and/or setting RingThreshold down to 19.35-23.65.

If no luck, under PHONE & LINE Status, report the values of State, LoopCurrent and TipRingVoltage, when the line is being rung.

AndyQ

The odd thing is that just before your post came in, the phone that I have on the LINE side of the OBI rang. I was getting up to answer it when my desk phone (which is on the PHONE side of the OBI) rang, and I was able to answer it normally. So it worked (and it's not my imagination that it didn't work before!)

So I'll keep it under observation, and if the problem recurs then I'll try the things you recommend (unless you think I should do them anyway) and I'll gather the data you suggest and post it here.

Andy