News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forward to GV after ringing 30 seconds

Started by Judgeless, March 31, 2012, 09:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judgeless

I have a phone number (XXX) XXX-6050 that uses CallCentric to route to my OBI110 box.  I would like the phone to ring for 30 seconds and then get transferred to another number (XXX) XXX-1234 (GV Account).  I would like to have the call go directly into Google voice mail on that account.

CallCentric has a hunting feature that will do this but it forwards the caller ID from the original caller.  This stops me from setting a filter to send the call directly into voice mail.  When hunting if it sent the caller ID as (XXX) XXX-6050 when forwarding it would work but that is not an option.

I was wondering if I can configure the OBI110 to forward a call after 30 seconds to SP2.  I can create another GV account on SP2. If it calls my (XXX) XXX-6050 number using the called ID from the new GV account I could filter that number and send it directly to Google voice mail.  I am not sure what it will use for caller ID going out from SP2.

Does anyone have any ideas?

RonR

You can have the OBi forward an incoming call on SP1 when it's not answered after a particular number of rings (not seconds) using:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber : SP2(12341234567)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount : 5

The Google Voice number you forward to cannot be the same Google Voice number you have configured on SP2, however, as calling your own Google Voice number is treated as a call to 'check voicemail'.

The CallerID of any call using Google Voice is the Google Voice number.

Judgeless

When it forwards the call will it also forward the original callers caller ID?  Is there a way to force it to show the caller ID of the new GV account on SP2 instead?

jimates

All outgoing calls on google voice show the google voice number. But you will have to send the call to a google voice number that is different from the one using to place the call.

The google voice account that receives the calls, and sends directly to voicemail, will not be accessible for placing calls from the Obi since you already have both SIP services configured.

RonR

Quote from: Judgeless on March 31, 2012, 11:05:39 AM
When it forwards the call will it also forward the original callers caller ID?  Is there a way to force it to show the caller ID of the new GV account on SP2 instead?

Quote from: RonR on March 31, 2012, 10:04:39 AM
The CallerID of any call using Google Voice is the Google Voice number.

Judgeless

Thanks Ron!!  It is working perfect.  It rings 5 times then uses the new GV # on SP2 account to call my main GV account and it goes directly into voicemail.

I love all the options.