News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Speed Dials and Digit Maps

Started by larrybob, April 08, 2012, 10:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

How do speed dials interact with digit maps.? I looked at the default digit maps for the phone, line ans AA, and I am not clear where they would be allowed? Also are speed dials programed into the outbound call routes?

Thanks

Larry

RonR

Speed Dials are simply replaced by their contents.

Speed Dial contents NOT in TK format are processed by the DMP as if they were dialed from the PHONE Port.

Speed Dial contents in TK format go directly to the trunk without any intermediate processing.

larrybob

Do speed dials work from the AA?

For example if i had a speed dial 4 of 415 123 1234 would I be able to enter 4# in the AA, or would I first have to change the speed dial to **1 415 123 1234 and then enter 4# In the aa?... or would neither work ?

RonR

larrybob

Yes what? both will work? or neither will work. Your answer is not clear to me.... sorry.
Can you clarify?  Larry

RonR

Speed Dials in the Auto Attendant work exactly like they do from the PHONE Port.  If they're not in TK format, they are handled in accordance with the Auto Attendant DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute, and PrimaryLine.

If no Service Route Access Code is specified in a non-TK format Speed Dial, it goes out the Auto Attendant's PrimaryLine.

larrybob

Thanks Ron!

There was some problem in my AA digitmap or outbound call route that was preventing the speed dials form working.   To test, I just cutnand pasted the settings I was using from the phone port, and all worked as you described!

I will now hunt done where my problem is in the coding I was using for the AA.

Larry