News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I get GV to ring only on my iPhone when I am away from home?

Started by Motoman, April 09, 2012, 10:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motoman

Sorry for this noob question.  I have GV set up with my new Obi110 to ring at the house on my second line.  Works fine, incoming and outbound.  I am going out of the country Tuesday and would like my GV to ring to my iPhone (with Obion installed) while I am out of the country but on Wifi.  I'm sure it's an easy setting, but I don't know how to do it . . Thanks in advance for someone walking me through it!

RonR

If no one uses SP1, SP2, or the LINE Port to call into the Auto Attendant and you don't have any other special cases being handled by InboundCallRoute rules on those trunks, you can simply forward ALL incoming calls to your OBiON app using Star Code 72.

If you need to preserve Auto Attendant access or other special cases handled by InboundCallRoute rules, you will need to modify the InboundCallRoute on your Google Voice trunk in order to get around a problem in the OBi.  In that case, change:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : ...,{ph}

to

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : ...,{pp(ob290123456)}

where SPx is your Google Voice trunk and 290123456 is your OBiON App OBiTALK number.

Motoman

Thanks for the quick response.  As far as I know, no special cases.  Do I need to put a number in with *72, and if so, is it the 290 "softphone number" listed in the dashboard?

RonR

Quote from: Motoman on April 09, 2012, 11:59:30 AM
Thanks for the quick response.  As far as I know, no special cases.  Do I need to put a number in with *72, and if so, is it the 290 "softphone number" listed in the dashboard?

You would dial *72 and wait for a prompt tone.  Then dial **9 followed by the 9-digit OBiTALK number and a #.  You should then hear a confirmation tone.

To cancel the forwarding, dial *73.

Motoman

OK, I modified the *72 script as directed in the Admin Manual, which said:

To modify the script to enable CallForwardUnconditional on SP1 only, change it to
*72, Call Forward Unconditional SP1, coll(SP1($cfan)),set(SP1($cfa),1)

I changed the *72 script as directed.  However, when I hit *72, I just get a tone, no prompts.  When I dial my GV from my landline to test it, it still rings to my house, not the OBion.  What have I done wrong, or should I go back and change it back to default and edit the Voice Services from ph to pp(ob123456)?

RonR

A Star Code prompt and confirmation is a different tone, not a voice prompt.

I just tested it here and it works here.