News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls from Google Voice to Obi PSTN line port do not connect

Started by RyanG, April 11, 2012, 02:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanG

I have a phone line connected to my Obi110 line port. If I call the phone line from my cell phone, it rings the Obi attached phone and I can successfully answer the call. If I make the same call from Google Voice I hear nothing but loud static when I answer and GV keeps on ringing, suggesting the call was not answered. If I call the cell phone from GV, the call connects correctly. This leads me to believe there is a problem calling the phone line from GV specifically when it is connected to the Obi Line port - since I've had no issues calling it in the past when I had it connected directly to the telephone. Any ideas what is happening and how to fix?

jimates

Can you successfully place a call using the line port service by pressing #, hearing the dial tone for the line service, and then dialing as normal from the line service?

If not, do you hear the dial tone for the line port when you press #?

Everton

I'm a little bit confuse by your post.  However, what happens when you call your GV number from your cell today, with the PSTN Line disconnected from the Line port?  Do you still get that loud static?  Can you change the telephone cord from the Line Port to the wall jack and retest?  What happens if you connect to a separate wall jack?