News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How can I bridge 2 Obi 110s ? - Resolved!

Started by yiannisc, April 11, 2012, 12:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yiannisc

Hi,

I have bought 2 Obi110s. I want to setup the following:

PSTN Line1 <-> Obi1 <-> Phone1

Obi2 <-> Phone2 (no PSTN line here)

Obviously, both Obi110s are connected to the Internet.

Any calls that come to PSTN1 should ring Phone1 and through Obitalk/Internet should ring Obi2/Phone2.
Any number dialled from Phone2 to be routed via Obitalk/Internet to PSTN Line1.

Can you please help me?

Many Thanks,
Yiannis

RonR

OBi 1 (200123456)
=================

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200654321),ph}

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service ->InboundCallRoute : {200654321>(Mli):li},{ph}

OBi 2 (200654321)
=================

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port ->  DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|<2*>(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200123456)

yiannisc

Hi RonR,

thank you very much.

I will set it up at some point during the weekend and let you know how it went.

Thanks,
Yiannis

yiannisc

Hi RonR (or anybody else who can help for that matter),

When somebody calls on the PSTN line of Obi1 there is some ringing for some time (on Phone1) and then the call goes to Obi2 and gets answered by the AutoAttendant and Phone1 on Obi1 stops ringing.

What I want is Phone1 and Phone2 to be ringing together (without the AA of Obi2) until one of the two answers. Can this be done? Would it be easier via SIP rather than ObiTalk

Also when I dial any number from Phone2 (on Obi2), then Phone1 (on Obi1) starts ringing. The call doesnt go to the PSTN Line (of Obi1). I am sure it can be done. I don't know how. RonR's settings above might need some tweeking.

Thanks a lot,
Yiannis

RonR

Your problems are occurring because of improper rules being present on the OBiTALK Service InboundCallRoute's, possibly as a result of having added the OBiTALK numbers to the OBiTALK Web Portal's Circle-of-Trust.  Adding numbers to the Circle-of-Trust is explicitly requesting that calls from those numbers be routed to the Auto Attendant.

The configuration I outlined above assumed you were starting with both OBi's at factory defaults.  If you have added those devices to the Circle-of-Trust, you should remove them.

It also appears you did not succeed in making the changes I proposed.  To be sure, log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and verify those settings are in place.

yiannisc

Hi RonR,

I figured out, eventually, that the ObiTalk portal was messing it up. I was making changes and then after a while the Obis would reboot and revert back to the ObiTalk Portal's settings. I thought they were faulty. Eventually, I reset both boxes to the factory settings, made the changes you said, and it all works fine.

Thanks a lot!

Any idea how I can make the Obi110 generate tones (dialtone, busy tone, ringing tone, etc.) that match the Greek public telephone system?

My folks are getting confused with the foreign/default ones.

Many Thanks,
Yiannis

RonR

yiannisc

Hi RonR,

First of all, let me say that I really appreciate your help.

Now, I tried to find some informatino about the Greek tones and al I got is this:

Dial tone: 425@-19;20(.2/.3/1,.7/.8/1)
Busy tone: 400@-10,400@-19;10(.5/.5/1)
Reorder tone: 400@-10,400@-19;10(.25/.25/1)
Ring Back Tone: 400@-10,400@-19;*(1/4/1)

And this:

Dial tone: 425@-19;20(.2/.3/1,.7/.8/1)
Busy Tone: 425@-19;20(.3/.3/1)
Reorder Tone: 425@-19;20(.3/.3/1)
SIT1 Tone: 425@-19;20(.3/.3/1)

It seems that the notation is different than the Obi's. I tried to decipher them to create something that sounds similar, but no luck.

Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge/experience to sort it out myself. Any idea on how to do it? Failing that, do you who/where I can find out?

Many thanks,
Yiannis

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: yiannisc on April 13, 2012, 11:22:53 AMAny idea how I can make the Obi110 generate tones (dialtone, busy tone, ringing tone, etc.) that match the Greek public telephone system?

If you need to know the frequencies, see http://oc-stuff.com/mergedProjects/manager/locales_greece.htm

Apparently the Greek phone system loves 425 Hz, because if that chart is accurate, every single tone is 425 Hz with the only variation being the cadences!

So for example, the ring tone is given as:
425 - (1.0/4.0) on/off

On an Obi device that might translate to a Ringback tone:

425-18;-1;(1+4)

Similarly, the busy tone is given as:

425 - (0.3/0.3) on/off

Which on the Obi would be (assuming you're okay with the 10 second timeout):

425-18;10;(.3+.3)

And the Dial Tone is given as:

425 - Continuous

Which on the OBi would translate to:

425-18;20

(which would present 20 seconds of dial tone before timing out)

Since I don't know if the tones on that page are accurate I'll stop there, but that should get you started.  Note that most U.S. tones are dual frequencies which is why you'll see two frequency/amplitude pairs prior to the semicolon in the defaults, but apparently for Greece all you need is 425-18 (425 Hz with strength at -18 dBm).  Of course you could change the amplitude if your parents are used to louder or softer tones.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Stewart

I've seen a couple of credible sources indicating that dial tone is not continuous.  Of course, you know best.  If it indeed has a cadence, try

Dial Tone -> TonePattern: 425-18;10;(.2+.3,.7+.8)

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: yiannisc on April 13, 2012, 12:47:31 PMDial tone: 425@-19;20(.2/.3/1,.7/.8/1)
Busy Tone: 425@-19;20(.3/.3/1)
Reorder Tone: 425@-19;20(.3/.3/1)
SIT1 Tone: 425@-19;20(.3/.3/1)

What I posted is valid for the Busy tone shown here.  The Reorder appears to be exactly the same as the busy.  The first group you posted used 400 Hz tones rather than 425 Hz, so you can use that frequency on those tones if you prefer.

The Dial Tone, though is something else again.  I found another site (that lets you do ONE query per day from any IP address!) that says the dial tone in Greece is 425 Hz at 0.2 on 0.3 off 0.7 on 0.8 off.  Seriously?  Do your parents normally get a continuous dial tone, or does theirs sound more like what we would consider a busy signal?

EDIT: Looks like Stewart has you covered on the non-continuous dial tone.  Although I'd personally change the 10 to a 20, so they have 20 seconds to begin dialing before the device gives up.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

yiannisc

Hi guys,

thanks for your help! It all worked brilliantly.

Yes, in Greece the Dial tone sounds sort of like a US Busy tone. As soon as I connected the Obi, my mother picked up the phone and said "This thing is broken!".  ::)

Thanks Stewart and Mich for the Tone patterns and RonR for helping with the initial setup.

Many Thanks,
Yiannis

QBZappy

How can I bridge 2 Obi 110s ? - Resolved!

Wow! I thought I would never live the day to see MichiganTelephone, RonR and Stewart cooperate on a thread. I guess we can all get along after all.  ;D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

pfranks

hi
i want to do something similar but simpler
just

PSTN Line1 <-> Obi1 <-> Phone1
Obi2 <-> Phone2 (no PSTN line here)
Obviously, both Obi110s are connected to the Internet.
Any calls that come to PSTN1 should ring Phone1 and through Obitalk/Internet should ring Obi2/Phone2.

RonR writes for prior question

OBi 1 (200123456)
=================

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service ->InboundCallRoute : {200654321>(Mli):li},{ph}

OBi 2 (200654321)
=================

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port ->  DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|<2*>(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200123456)

i have the following questions
1) can i just edit the first line on obi1

ie
just

2) if i need to add the edits to voice services--- do i add {200654321>(Mli):li} to what's already under
InboundCallRoute--- or substitute it for what's already  there

3) do i need to make any of the changes to Obi2

4) i've found that i cannot make changes to my expert configuration when i log onto my obi-end points--- but only when i log directly onto the obi via ***1

thanks

RonR

Quote from: pfranks on April 15, 2012, 03:24:44 PM
i have the following questions
1) can i just edit the first line on obi1

ie
just

2) if i need to add the edits to voice services--- do i add {200654321>(Mli):li} to what's already under
InboundCallRoute--- or substitute it for what's already  there

3) do i need to make any of the changes to Obi2

If you don't need OBi 2 to be able to call out through OBi 1, then all you need is the following change to OBi 1:

No changes are required to OBi 2.

4) i've found that i cannot make changes to my expert configuration when i log onto my obi-end points--- but only when i log directly onto the obi via ***1

Instructions for OBi Expert can be found here : OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

However, it's much much simpler to make changes to the OBi directly by logging into the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  If you elect to do so, you will also need to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

or the OBiTALK Web Portal will overwrite any changes you make with its settings.

jimates

Evidently you must have provisioning disabled. With provisioning disabled you must mange the device directly. If you do want to manage the device using the Obi Expert Configuration tool you will have to enable provisioning and then manage it from the portal.

****NOTE****
If you have made changes directly, and now enable provisioning, you will loose those changes as the portal will overwrite what is on the device. You can configure the Expert Configuration exactly the same prior to turning the provisioning back on to keep from losing your configuration.

pfranks