News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric - "has not received a signal response from this provider"

Started by Jesse, April 13, 2012, 08:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Hi, I'm using the OBi110. Got it setup today with callcentric using their recommended settings for the OBi100. Tried calling my cell phone with it setting next to me and it went through just fine. Drove into town (about 15 miles from home) and asked my wife to call my cell and it wouldn't go through. She said it played a message that repeated back my phone number and then said something to the effect of "...has not received a signal response from this provider."  She tried calling her cell phone - which was right next to her - and it went through just fine. She tried calling mine several times with the same result each time. When I got back home I called my cell and it went through okay.

Any ideas on why it wouldn't connect when I was out of the house?

RonR

If you're still having problems, these settings work reliably for me.

For Callcentric on SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Callcentric
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<'S'B:**275*>xx.|*123|<**275*:SB>xx.|[2-9]11S0|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|
1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> RegistrationPeriod : 3600

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : 1777nnnnnnn
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

For Callcentric on SP2:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Callcentric
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(<'S'B:**275*>xx.|*123|<**275*:SB>xx.|[2-9]11S0|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|
1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> RegistrationPeriod : 3600

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 1777nnnnnnn
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

Jesse

Ok thanks. I'm going to be out of town all day tomorrow so I'll change to these settings and have my wife try to call me while I'm out of town.

I'm rather tech-savvy, but brand new to VoIP. If I have callcentric setup on ITSP Profile A, is there any reason to duplicate that setup on ITSP Profile B? I have profile B blank currently as it seemed redundant to setup B with the exact same settings as A - but maybe there's a good reason for it that I'm unaware of.

RonR

You should only configure Callcentric on SP1/ITSP A or SP2/ITSP B, not both.

Not knowning which you were using nor how familiar you were with configuring the OBi, I simply presented you with both options.

Michael_Reeder

Very old thread but I'm updating as I had the exact same problem - except my callcentric line would fail to connect to any outgoing phone numbers called.

The instructions from RonR worked very nicely.   :)

In addition, I had to go through all of the following areas and manually delete all previous changes and then check the ObiTALK Settings box:

Service Providers ->
ITSP Profile X General
ITSP Profile X RTP
ITSP Profile X SIP

Voice Services -> SPx Service

Please note that prior to having Callcentric I had a different service provider.  I DID go through all of these areas and press the button at the bottom for "Revert All to ObiTALK Settings".  After doing that for each area, I deleted the SPx profile and rebuilt it according to Callcentric directions.

However, the "Revert All to ObiTALK Settings" DIDN'T WORK.  I still had a bunch of junk from a previous service provider that had to be manually cleared out.

Thanks,
Michael

SteveInWA

This thread is obsolete.  None of these steps are necessary.  There is a case, that you seem to have hit, where settings are not cleared by simply deleting a SP slot, and may require a factory default restoration.