News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice on Android Phone with Obi Problem

Started by gordo, April 18, 2012, 08:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Ever since I've installed the Obi device, some times when people call my cell phone number (an actual T-Mobile cell phone number) it will also simultaneously call all the numbers associated to my Google Voice account, e.g. home.  The first couple of times I thought they accidentally called my GV number, but it has happened so many times, to so many people I now believe what they are saying.

I am running Android ICS 4.0.3 on a Nexus S.  Anyone else having this issue?

Stewart

Check that you don't have any "conditional forwarding" set up on your cell phone.  You might have done this, e.g. to use GV for voicemail on your cell.

jimates

Yes, it sounds like your cell is either forwarding to your google voice or ringing your other phones before going to voicemail.

In your google voice account select your cell phone in the list and deactivate the forwarding options.
edit -> show advanced settings -> forwarding options

gordo

You guys were right.  I had GV Voicemail configured on my phone.  So if I didn't answer my cell phone, then instead of going directly into GV voicemail, I guess it forwards to your GV phone number which in turn forwards to your gv voicemail.  So that's why it was calling my home phone.

Thanks - gordo