News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing Caller ID Name

Started by dani, April 19, 2012, 08:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dani

Hi Have 2 ATAs connected to similar sub-accts of the same voip.ms account.

My Linksys 2102 has a "Display Name" field. Whatever I put there shows up as caller id name whenever I call out using that line.
(It's not in cnam dbs, and any changes to that field show up immediately on the following outbound call)

On my Obi I see SP2 Service > CallerIDName but regardless of what I put there, when I call out the receiving end sees the outbound NUMBER in both the number and name fields. (one as 222-333-4444 and the other as 2223334444)

The only difference is that on the Obi the caller ID NUMBER is hardwired in the route ('>' syntax). Could that be messing up the name?

Everton

Quote from: dani on April 19, 2012, 08:17:25 AM

My Linksys 2102 has a "Display Name" field. Whatever I put there shows up as caller id name whenever I call out using that line.
(It's not in cnam dbs, and any changes to that field show up immediately on the following outbound call)

I'm not sure who you are calling, but only a few providers will allow that name in the "Display Name" field to show-up on the recipient CNAM.  I almost 100% sure that "Display Name" will not be recognized by a PSTN line.  Is there anyway you can confirm this?  I few VOIP providers might pass this information.

At one point, I did some intensive test by putting various name in the "Display Name" and it would only pass to T-Mobile At Home users (Non-VOIP).

dani

It works immediately every time. This is from voip.ms through an SPA2102 to Bell Cda PSTN.

Can't make the obi do the same.

RonR

dani,

It appears there's a bug in the OBi.  When you specify a CallerID Number in the OutboundCallRoute, the OBi mistakenly drops the CallerID Name from the FROM header.

I had hoped that this could be overcome by using : sp2("CallerID Name" 18005551212>$2)

but the OBi discards all the spaces and sends the CallerID Number out as : "CallerIDName"18005551212

QBZappy

I have a voipms account connected to a Grandstream PBX. I can spoof any Caller name in the account registration of the PBX with the "Account Name" field. I can spoof any CID number on the voipms web portal.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

dani

Ron: I knew that when fixing the caller number something else will get messed up. Now we found it :)
I appears that under the current firmware we are out of luck.
Thanks for checking on it and confirm the bug.

QBZappy: I'll get to that point eventually. I was looking for a way to do it from the Obi itself.

Cheers