News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

trusted callers don't work ?

Started by chihuahua8383, April 19, 2012, 08:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chihuahua8383

I am in US , I had a set up with my Obi 110 and GV (US No) perfectly.

I sent this obi 110 to overseas to my family.  I have a list of US phone Numbers (relatives ) in trusted lists. That means when they call to my GV No, they don't have to wait for Obi Attendant, just go directly to the phone attached with the Obi in overseas and my home phone forwarding the call didn't ring. It is normal.

Couple days until now, I notice my home phone ring one time and my relatives heard the Obi attendant, they have to press 1 to continue the call to the obi overseas, that means the trusted lists of caller don't work perfectly. I check in web portal but nothing change in here

Pls help , thanks in advanced

QBZappy

chihuahua8383,

Your understanding of the circle of trust is the opposite of what you think. Callers in your COT will be sent to the AA. It is by design. Callers not in your COT should ring your phone.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

chihuahua8383

Quote from: QBZappy on April 19, 2012, 09:06:23 PM
chihuahua8383,

Your understanding of the circle of trust is the opposite of what you think. Callers in your COT will be sent to the AA. It is by design. Callers not in your COT should ring your phone.

Thanks for your reply ,
I saw the COT but my question is: someone just have US cell phone or home phone , they dont' have obi or GV , so how I can't invite them . It said "The email address (....) you've entered does not exist on our system at OBiTALK"

I means how to help my relatives call obi overseas by their normal US number, don't ring my home phone (bother me) and don't hear AA

RonR

Selected callers to your Google Voice number can be sent to the Auto Attendant by setting:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(12345550001|12345550002|12345550003):aa},{ph}

where 12345550001, 12345550002, and 12345550003 are the CallerID's to be sent to the Auto Attendant.

All other callers will ring the OBi PHONE Port.

Felix

chihuahua8383,

I am a little confused what you expect to happen. It seems that the device is working as designed, but that's not what you want. Some numbers ("friends and family") should call the phone port, that is then forwarded somehow to another number?

And everybody else should call auto-attendant?

That's the best that I can understand from your post... but it doesn't make sense. So - describe what you want to happen

chihuahua8383

Quote from: Felix on April 19, 2012, 10:16:42 PM
chihuahua8383,

I am a little confused what you expect to happen. It seems that the device is working as designed, but that's not what you want. Some numbers ("friends and family") should call the phone port, that is then forwarded somehow to another number?

And everybody else should call auto-attendant?

That's the best that I can understand from your post... but it doesn't make sense. So - describe what you want to happen

ok , May I make it clear, my obi 200-xxx-xxx, I set up with GV 417-xxx-xxxx via my home phone as forwarding phone 240-xxx-xxxx in US, then shipped to vietnam to my family. In the US , I use any regular ,normal phone (ATT , tmobile or landline) to call 417-xxx-xxxx (which is in VN now).  When any phone calls to 417_xxx-xxx, they got auto attendant and require press 1 to continue, in the same time , my 240-xxx-xxxx got one ring then stop.
My question is : how to make a call from US (any phone number) to 417-xxx-xxxx ( in vn now) WITHOUT ringing my 240-xxx-xxxx ( my home phone) and WITHOUT auto attendant (that means go directly to 417-xxx-xxxx) ? From 417-xxx-xxxx calls to US perfectly , no hassle.
I try to setup in Trusted callers to eliminate AA and single ring in my home phone but seem I got confusing here.

RonR

If you don't want Google Voice to forward incoming calls to your home phone, uncheck your home phone number in the Google Voice forwarding phones list.  Check only the Google Chat forwarding phone which will send the calls to your OBi.

If you don't want incoming calls to your Google Voice number to be routed to the OBi Auto Attendant, remove all entries from the Circle-of-Trust (and don't make the change I posted earlier).

chihuahua8383

Quote from: RonR on April 19, 2012, 10:43:51 PM
If you don't want Google Voice to forward incoming calls to your home phone, uncheck your home phone number in the Google Voice forwarding phones list.  Check only the Google Chat forwarding phone which will send the calls to your OBi.

If you don't want incoming calls to your Google Voice number to be routed to the OBi Auto Attendant, remove all entries from the Circle-of-Trust (and don't make the change I posted earlier).

Thanks RonR, it is easier to understand than your previous post. I did it and will test by tomorrow, too late in US now. By the ways, is any feature will be lost if I uncheck forwarding phone and do the phone in Vietnam still call back to any phone in US?

RonR

Quote from: chihuahua8383 on April 19, 2012, 10:53:53 PM
By the ways, is any feature will be lost if I uncheck forwarding phone and do the phone in Vietnam still call back to any phone in US?

When Google Voice receives an incoming call, it simply rings all the phones in the forwarding list that are checked.  Unchecking a phone simply stops it from being called.  The Google Chat phone must be checked for the call to go to the OBi.

Outgoing calls from the OBi through Google Voice are unaffected by the Google Voice forwarding phones list.