News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How To FAQ, star code to use landline? General How To for dialing?

Started by ConnieM, April 20, 2012, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConnieM

Hi, new OBI110 setup with google voice.  All seems working fine, google voice is forwarding to real cell phone number and when dialing out via Obi it shows the cell phone number as caller id.

I have a land line connected to the "line" port on my 110, but have the default line set to use the Obihai.  How do I access/dial out on the land line?  I found the star codes, but nothing in there about this.

This may be a google voice question, not sure as we just set that up too, but how do I get google voice to ring the phone connected to the obihai as well as the cell phone number?  Or isn't that possible?

Lastly, is there a general how to/FAQ for using the phone itself (vs the dashboard, and such)?  I couldn't find one in the docs area.

Thanks!

RonR

Quote from: ConnieM on April 20, 2012, 03:15:05 PM
Hi, new OBI110 setup with google voice.  All seems working fine, google voice is forwarding to real cell phone number and when dialing out via Obi it shows the cell phone number as caller id.

Are you sure about this?  Normally, outbound calls using Google Voice show the Google Voice number as CallerID and can't be changed or spoofed.

I have a land line connected to the "line" port on my 110, but have the default line set to use the Obihai.  How do I access/dial out on the land line?  I found the star codes, but nothing in there about this.

Normally you would set the default (PrimaryLine) to either SP1 Service (Google Voice) or PSTN Line (landline).  To explicitly dial out via another service, you would prefix the number with:

**1  ->  SP1 Service
**2  ->  SP2 Service
**8  ->  PSTN Line
**9  ->  OBiTALK Service

This may be a google voice question, not sure as we just set that up too, but how do I get google voice to ring the phone connected to the obihai as well as the cell phone number?  Or isn't that possible?

Incoming calls to Google Voice should ring the OBi PHONE Port by default.  Make sure you have the Google Chat forwarding phone checked in your Google Voice account settings.

Lastly, is there a general how to/FAQ for using the phone itself (vs the dashboard, and such)?  I couldn't find one in the docs area.

The only in-depth documentation is the OBi Device Administration Guide.