News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One step further....add/configure any endpoints/devices to the Obi Dashboard

Started by wily, April 21, 2012, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wily

Hello

We are a family of 4, each one as a laptop and an ipad or an ipod touch (so 8 devices total + normal phone + a cell phone)
I was hopping to be able to add as many 'OBI Endpoints' as I wish, each with it own OBI No. (like
with a real phone you can have many physical phone plugs to different plugs in the house and they all can ring at the sametime)
But unfortunatly it seems I can only have one and if I start my ipad then my laptop is disconnected, which defy the purpose.
Creating 1 Obitalk account per device doesn't seem right for this. I mean 9 accounts...adding endpoints/devices shall be easy....
I also wish I could very easily configure which one of all those devices I want to hear ring when someone call my google voice
(it should be easy to do, like a check box to 'enable/disable ring' any of the devices with 1 or 2 clicks maximum) Also each device shall be able to disable itself temporarily (like if I'm at work, I might want to disable my ipod touch so I do not get the home/google voice phone call)

Thanks

w

wily

I also wish all gmail where consider as an endpoints/device, so I do not need to go downstairs to pickup the physical phone and could just take it from my gmail or local soft phone..like forward calls to all or few numbers/devices/endpoints/gmail(google voice or google phone) will be really nice

w

jimates

You can accomplish some of what you want without the Obi.

Get a free sipgate number for each device (sipgate app for iOS). No telling where the number will be but it doesn't matter as google voice will forward to it free.
List them as forwarding phones in google voice. Set your call delivery for your contacts in google voice, not the Obi. All incoming calls to the sipgate numbers are free. You will still have to get a separate obion number for each device for free outgoing calls.

you are going to be limited because you can't list more than 6 phones in the google voice account. You can probably use a combination, by configuring some in the Obi and some in google voice, to maximize the number of devices.