News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

mute or change keypad tones?

Started by corndog, April 22, 2012, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corndog

is there a way to mute or change the keypad tones via obi? or is that solely dictated by the telephone? i figured out how to mute the dialtone, but am still working on the keys.

i have a door entry system that calls me when someone buzzes my door, so i'd rather it not actually sound like it's calling me away from home. i managed to mute the dialtone via the config page of the obi, but wondered if anyone had any ideas for the digit/key tones,

thanks!

Stewart

The tones are played by the entry system and you likely have no control over the sound.  However, one of the below options may help:

1. Set up a speed dial in the OBi and program the entry system to dial e.g. 2#.

2. Modify the digit map for the phone port; the entry system would dial a single digit, probably # or 0, to make the call.

3. If the entry system can be set to dial no digits at all, set up the OBi as hot line (if dedicated) or warm line.

4. If the entry system can do pulse dialing, set it to dial "1".  The OBi doesn't actually understand pulse dialing, but it can be set to ignore the pulse, and connect the call via a hot line or warm line setup.

corndog