News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice and ComEd

Started by nexus14, April 23, 2012, 05:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexus14

This was something that I never experienced before. I tried calling my electric company, ComEd, using Google Voice + Obitalk setup but all it did was ring and ring.

I found a couple posts that showed the same thing: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/chat/voice-and-video-chat/Gvrzvv_29uw

If possible, can you be kind as to call ComEd (800)334-7661 to see if this is a global issue or just an issue on my end? It works when I try with my cellphone.

Here is ComeEd's number for verification: http://www.contacthelp.com/directory/ComEd?ListingID=701

RonR

ComEd is likely using Early Media which is not supported by Google Voice.  I have no trouble reaching (800) 334-7661 when using IdeaSIP's free Toll Free termination.

See this post for a solution: Calling Toll Free Numbers That Use Early Media

kokosin

What would the OutboundCallRoute be if using a PSTN line on an OBi110 for all toll-free calls?

RonR

Quote from: kokosin on April 24, 2012, 10:43:20 AM
What would the OutboundCallRoute be if using a PSTN line on an OBi110 for all toll-free calls?

If you're using a PSTN Line for toll free calls, there shouldn't be any problems with Early Media.

Simply make the call using the PSTN line in the normal fashion, either as your PrimryLine or by prefixing the number with **8.

kokosin

Or Press # and dial the toll-free number.  That might be the simplest instruction for other users in the house.

RonR

Quote from: kokosin on April 24, 2012, 01:34:10 PM
Or Press # and dial the toll-free number.  That might be the simplest instruction for other users in the house.

It sounds like your PrimaryLine is not PSTN Line, but you would like Toll Free numbers to be routed there.

Assuming your PrimaryLine is SP1 Service, set:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|
<**8>(18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx))

where aaa is your local area code.