News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 & GV - Inbound calls no longer ring the phone

Started by DunkinFx, April 25, 2012, 03:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DunkinFx

Everything was working fine until 4/2/12 (the date of the last inbound call). I don't get a lot calls on the GV number so I didn't notice the problem right away.  Outbound calling works. Inbound calls show up in my GV history but not in Obi110 call history. I don't remember making any changes to the GV settings around that time. I've looked at the GV settings and they look OK. Forward to Google Chat is checked. I'm stumpped.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jimates

Press ***1 on your phone to get the IP address of your Obi.
Log into the Obi at the IP address provided (default log in - username =  admin; pw = admin)
One the opening page check the SP1 and SP2 service status. (should be connected)

bjas

Thanks much!  Your post got me headed in the right direction.  I logged in and clicked the "reboot" button and now I am back in business.  Thanks!  Brian

DunkinFx

Everything looks OK. The SP1 (GV) system status is 'connected'. The GV account status in ObiTalk is connected. I disconnected the Obi110 and verified that I receive incoming call notifications in GMail so I know that the GV is forwarding the calls to Google Chat. When I reconnect the Obi110 I do not receive incoming call notifications in GMail. This means the ObiTalk service or the Obi110 is intercepting the call. So what's wrong?

I'm going to try deleting and readding my 110? Any thoughts or ideas on other things I shoud try?

BTW, I've rebooted and power cycled the device but it has made any difference.

jimates

Since you verified the connection of the Obi to google and you verified google is forwarding the call to chat.

Do the incoming calls show up in the Obi's call history.

Do outbound calls from the Obi show up in your google voice call history.

DunkinFx

Hi jimates...thanks for the response.

Outbound calls work and show up in both the ObiTalk and GV History.
Inbound calls show up in GV history but do NOT show up in ObiTalk.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jimates

Is it possible something could be interrupting the call flow to the Obi.
ie,
- the gmail account open in a browser window,
- an app running on a smart phone such as talkatone or groove ip.

DunkinFx

I created the GMail account explicitly for this phone number and I don't use it for anything else.

If I'm logged on to the GV acct (GMail is open in a browser) and the 110 is active (connected to the internet) I do not receive call notifications in GMail. When I disconnect the 110 I receive notifications in GMail.

I do have the ObiTalk iPhone app installed but I don't use it and it's not running. I'm not running any other IP telephony software on my PC or iPhone.

Since the call notifications don't arrive in GMail when the 110 is connected it seems like the OBI service is capturing the call. Why it's not arriving at my 110 is the $1K question

I'll try deleting the device from ObiTalk and doing a hard reset to see if this makes any difference.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

RonR

DunkinFx,

If all else fails, log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and verify:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : ph

If it's not, check the Default box (which will set the value to ph).  Click Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving the page.

At least temporarily, also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Click Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving the page.  Then click Reboot in the upper right corner.

Make a call to your Google Voice number and see if you now receive the call.

DunkinFx

RonR,

X_InboundCallRoute was set to 'ph'. I disable the other two settings then saved and rebooted the 110. It didn't make any difference. I also tried power cycling the 110 but it didn't help either.

Any other suggestions?

DunkinFx

The firmware has been updated but it didn't make any difference. I still don't receive any calls.

BTW, I reset the provisioning settings.

Any suggestions?

DocM

Try connecting the obi directly to the modem. If it works, then it is a firewall issue.

If all other attempts fail, perform a factory reset and setup the obi via the obitalk site (very easy setup feature for Google Voice). Then you can turn off provisioning settings if you prefer.