News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Make call from OBi100 through OBi110

Started by N7AS, April 25, 2012, 05:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N7AS

I have both an Obi100 and an Obi110.

The OBi100 has:
SP1: Anveo
SP2: Google Voice (Primary)

The OBi110 has:
SP1: Google Voice (Primary)
SP2: Localphone DID
Line: PAP2T Line 1 (Anveo Extension)

I have a UKddi DID that forwards via SIPuri to the Anveo Extension on the PAP2T connected to the Line port of the OBi110.

At the present time I can call international numbers through Loalphone by dialing 011 + CountryCode + Number from the OBI110. I have 011 transposed to 00 for Localphone in the DigitMap so I can use either 00 or 011 (Thanks RonR).

What I would like to do is allow the OBi100 to call international numbers through the OBi110 via a Voice Gateway.

Can this be done easilly? If so, How?

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

RonR

While a custom dialing pattern can be implemented to allow international dialing from the OBi100 through the OBi110 SP2 (Localphone), why not consider implementing Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk in both OBi's?  Then you'll have total flexibility to make calls from either OBi out any of the five trunks you have available.

For example...

Normal calling from either OBi out its own trunks doesn't change.

To place calls from the OBi100 though the OBi110 Localphone trunk (SP2), you would simply dial 2 **2 + 011 + country code + number.

To place calls from the OBi110 though the OBi100 Anveo trunk (SP1), you would simply dial 3 **1 + number.

IOW, you simply prefix normal dialing with a single digit that represents the remote OBi.

N7AS

Thanks RonR

I may have to rethink this as in reading "Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk", I see that one of the DigitMaps use *1, *2 and *8. I use *1 through *8 as identifiers in my Voice Gateways. This may impose some problems with them.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

RonR

Quote from: N7AS on April 25, 2012, 06:33:42 PM
I may have to rethink this as in reading "Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk", I see that one of the DigitMaps use *1, *2 and *8. I use *1 through *8 as identifiers in my Voice Gateways. This may impose some problems with them.

I needed to address more than **1/2/3/4/6/7/8/9 would accomodate also. Instead of *1 though *8, use **71 through **78 (or any other unused **n) and then you don't run into problems.