News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Update on *78 DND

Started by ProfTech, April 28, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

I was reading the newly released Admin guide and noticed that it said Do Not Disturb may be enabled on a per trunk basis. Instead of using the default star code use "set(sp1($Dnd),1)". I tried it on my 110 and it works. There is a weird interaction  with Callcentric, however. After the user dials my DID number there is 10-15 seconds of silence [no ring back] then the voice mail greeting simply starts to play.  My PSTN still rings the phone as it should. I didn't try Obitalk or do any other extensive tests.

RonR

Each trunk (SP1 Service, SP2 Service, OBiTALK Service, and LINE Port) has its own individual DND setting:

... -> DoNotDisturbEnable

The default *78 Star Code Script sets all four DoNotDisturbEnable settings at once.  Each of the four DoNotDisturbEnable settings can be manipulated individually through the OBi web interface or via a Star Code Script as you pointed out.

When the LINE Port is set to DND, incoming calls to the LINE Port are ignored.

When any of the VoIP Services are set to DND, incoming calls on those trunks receive a BUSY.

When I set my Callcentric SPx Service to DND, calls to my Callcentric number via SIP Broker receive a BUSY as expected (I don't have a DID associated with my Callcentric account to test).

Note: Due to a design flaw in the OBi firmware, all InboundCallRoute rules are ignored on any trunk which has its DoNotDisturbEnable (or CallForwardUnconditionalEnable) setting enabled.

ProfTech

Ahhh. It sounds like from your post that you were looking for it to only silence the phone from ringing. I thought your other posts referred to the fact that the default setting killed all of the trunks. I will continue to send the key strokes to Callcentric as it seems to operate more cleanly. But none of the other providers I have looked at support the DND feature directly.

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on April 30, 2012, 09:14:35 AM
It sounds like from your post that you were looking for it to only silence the phone from ringing. I thought your other posts referred to the fact that the default setting killed all of the trunks.

DND should only silence the ringing on a particular trunk.  Setting DND on the SP1, SP2, or LINE Port trunks, however, totally disables their InboundCallRoutes.  For example, if you have an InboundCallRoute rule on SP1 to route incoming calls from your cell phone to the Auto Attendant, setting DND on SP1 will prevent you from doing so, even though that call has nothing to do with the phone ringing or DND.