News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Non gmail GV can't register

Started by pendo, May 02, 2012, 06:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendo

OK...I of course did some searching for this and it seems like I've got it all covered.  The primary email to log in to gmail is a @non-gmail.com address.  I've made a couple calls from the gmail interface.  But for some reason, it always says Service Not Configured.  SP1 is working fine and has been for over a year. 

I saw some reference that I couldn't use GrooveIP which I did initially have installed on my mobile, but has since been removed.  Also, and I don't know if this matters...but while I'm using google apps for the domain, I'm considered a trial as I haven't switched our MX record to google.  Again, I CAN log into gmail by typing "myname@mydomain.com" and it's listed with google as the primary email.

Any other reason this wouldn't sign in?

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: pendo on May 02, 2012, 06:35:30 PM
But for some reason, it always says Service Not Configured.

If SP1 Service Status in the OBi is reporting "Service Not Configured", it usually means that AuthUserName is blank.

Log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 (default username/password is admin/admin) and verify you have the following settings in order to configure Google Voice on SP1 (everything else should be at Default):

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

If you find the need to make any changes to the OBi directly, you must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

pendo

Hi Ron,

I'm actually trying to add an additional GV number to SP2.  SP1 has been working fine for a while now.  Interestingly though, I have something different for the DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

And I actually had also gone into the expert configuration and made manually entered my credentials, but I only had obitalk provisioning disabled....

...yeah, I'm feeling kinda silly right about now.  Thanks for the help

RonR

Quote from: pendo on May 02, 2012, 07:36:28 PM
Interestingly though, I have something different for the DigitMap:

The DigitMap I posted will shave two seconds off the time it takes to initate calls.

pendo

Awesome!  Wonder if that will help with how fast gv is going to voicemail on one of the numbers...

RonR

Unanswered Google Voice calls go to voicemail after 25 seconds and can't be changed or disabled.