News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto attendant default to speedcall or SIP address?

Started by user17600, May 04, 2012, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

user17600

Hi all,

Having a great time with my OBI, now moving into the advanced tweaking.

With your guidance I've figured out how to access the AA and to allow it to dial only speedcall numbers.  Works great.

I even figured out how to disconnect the caller if there is no input ;-)  Works great.

And I've figured out how to dump unwanted callers :-0  Works great.

But what I would like to do, if there is no response to the prompt is to send them to a voicemail box. Not the Line answering machine (default '1' in the AA programming), but a dedicated SIP-based voicemail service.

Is there any way to either have the AA default to a speedcall number or to a specific SIP address?

Related question: is is possible to send the pound or number sign (#) as part of a dial-plan?

Thanks in advance.

RonR

Quote from: user17600 on May 04, 2012, 10:02:46 AM
But what I would like to do, if there is no response to the prompt is to send them to a voicemail box.

Is there any way to either have the AA default to a speedcall number or to a specific SIP address?

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> NumberOnNoInput

is called when there is no response from caller.

Quote from: user17600 on May 04, 2012, 10:02:46 AM
Related question: is is possible to send the pound or number sign (#) as part of a dial-plan?

A # should be able to be included in an Auto Attendant DigitMap just as it can in any other DigitMap.

user17600

Thanks, Ron R.  Yeah, I tried a few things in that field, but the # doesn't seem to be recognized.  Does it need a bracket around it, e.g., <#> or something?

I'll go try it again.

Cheers

Update: still no joy with either a speedcall or a SIP addy in that field.

RonR

Before posting, I verified that a Speed Dial works in NumberOnNoInput.

user17600

OK, are you just entering (for example): 22# and it works?

Thanks

RonR

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> NumberOnNoInput : 20

will dial Speed Dial 20 if there is no response to the Auto Attendant.  Speed dial 20 can be a SIP URI.

user17600