News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV - Your call is now being recorded

Started by mnjeepmale, May 04, 2012, 11:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnjeepmale

This happens several times a week during a call. You can hear a tone being clicked on the call then GV voice saying "You call is now being recorded".

Is there a fix for this?

reho33

Someone that you are talking to is hitting the "4" button on their phone keypad, that triggers the recording feature, don't worry, no one has been able to figure out how to replay the recorded calls!

mnjeepmale

The recorded calls are in Google Voice when you login from a PC. It's not the person from the other side. It a lot.

Everton

It is a known problem by Google and they eventually came up with what appear to be a solution, where you can disable (Unchecked) the call recording feature under;

Settings  >>  Call Options  >> Enable Recording (4), Switch (*) and Conferencing options on inbound calls

The problem is it does not work or works sporadically.  Some have theorized that certain callers voice could trigger the "call recording on".  There is not much you can do as far as I can tell.  However, in my case, I realize in our household, if someone is already on the phone (an incoming call obviously) and someone else pickup the phone and start dialing without checking that a call is already in progress, they will trigger the call recording if the dialed number contain the number 4.  In our case, the number 4 is the second digit in our area code and will 100% activate the call recording in the scenario described above.  I have not observe this behavior in over the past 6-8 months and only have the problem with the dialing when my elderly in-laws visits once or twice per year and typically just pickup the phone and start dialing.

Quote from: mnjeepmale on May 04, 2012, 11:44:56 AM
This happens several times a week during a call. You can hear a tone being clicked on the call then GV voice saying "You call is now being recorded".

Is there a fix for this?

mnjeepmale

I checked that option earlier before posting this. It's already unchecked under the settings.

RonR

Quote from: Everton on May 04, 2012, 02:21:58 PM
It is a known problem by Google and they eventually came up with what appear to be a solution, where you can disable (Unchecked) the call recording feature under;

Settings  >>  Call Options  >> Enable Recording (4), Switch (*) and Conferencing options on inbound calls

I think you'll find this setting has no effect when the XMPP interface is in use by the OBi.  IOW, you cannot disable this feature when the OBi is being used.

jimates

I had that problem a few times and did successfully disable the feature in google voice for a long time. But later I found I needed the call transfer feature again, so I had to turn it back on (in google voice). I haven't had the record accidentally happen since turning it back on.