News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 setup with Telular SX5e GSM phone gateway. Won't ring.

Started by BozBrak, May 05, 2012, 10:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BozBrak

I have a Telular SX5e GSM gateway that I am using with a prepaid Tmobile SIM to allow me to have whole house phone service.  (It rings my phones and I can dial out).  I bought an Obi110 to use Google Voice to save on outgoing calling minutes on the prepaid and for international calling.  I connected the Telular Gateway to the Line jack on the Obi110, and my home phone network to the Obis Phone jack (right in place of the cable that previously connected the GSM gateway and my home phones)

Incoming calls to my Google Voice number, and to a free IPKall VOIP number will ring my phones.  Incoming calls through the GSM gateway will not ring and eventually go to TMobile voicemail.

How do I configure the Obi110 to ring my phones when a call comes in on the Telular gateway?

How do I configure the Obi110 to direct all outgoing calls (except 911) to GV?

Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: BozBrak on May 05, 2012, 10:11:43 PM
Incoming calls through the GSM gateway will not ring and eventually go to TMobile voicemail.

How do I configure the Obi110 to ring my phones when a call comes in on the Telular gateway?

Incoming calls to the LINE Port should ring the OBi PHONE Port by default.

It may be the ring voltage produced by the Telular gateway is a little low and the OBi is not detecting it.  You might try selecting a lower threshold at:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingThreshold

Quote from: BozBrak on May 05, 2012, 10:11:43 PM
How do I configure the Obi110 to direct all outgoing calls (except 911) to GV?

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SPx Service

where SPx is SP1 or SP2, where you have Google Voice configured.