News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to: Prefix international numbers

Started by asms, May 07, 2012, 01:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asms

Hi,
i am a newbie to obitalk. i have obi100 on SP1 i have GV setup (routed via Simon Telephonics gateway) and SP2 has callcentric setup. i use SP1 to outgoing and incoming calls and SP2 is setup only for e911.

Now i want to prefix international numbers, with another VOIP number so that the international numbers will be routed though the VOIP provider.

i.e. if i dial 919876123456 it should get prefixed by 866-494-7292 + pause.

how can i do that?

Can you also please direct me to some articles about digitmaps?

thanks,
asms

RonR

Are you going to be configuring another VoIP provider on a Voice Gateway?  I think that's your only option with Google Voice on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2.

There's no option to introduce pauses on VoIP calls (pauses are only possible on calls through the LINE Port of an OBi110).  If you give me more details of what you're trying to accomplish, I can possibly assist you.

The only documentation available is the OBi Device Administration Guide.

asms

Thanks RonR for the reply.
For international calls i use VoIP based international calling service. to use their service i dial a US phone number they provide and once i hear the automated conformation to dial the international number, i dial the number and the call gets connected.

i am trying to automate this step. so
1) if i dial the international number obi should recognize that the number has to be handled as a special case and
2) then dial the VOIP number instead of the international number.
3) once that call gets connected it should wait for a couple of seconds (pause) and then dial the international number.
is this possible?
sorry if i confused you with prefix :-(

thanks,
asms

RonR

I'm not aware of any way to automate the dialing of additional digits (with or without a pause) after initiating a call through SP1 or SP2.

asms

azrobert

I solved the same problem by using my handset to insert the pauses.

I first defined an OBi speed dial number with the 800 number.
Speed Dial #10 = "sp1(8664947294)"
Either dial the following or setup a phone book entry:

10#PP919876123456#

I needed two pauses to get mine to work.

Stewart

Why are you trying to do this?  In nearly all cases, you will get better quality and lower latency, usually with lower rates, by connecting to a VoIP provider directly, rather than using a "calling card" type of service.

In your example, both Google Voice and Callcentric have lower rates to India than Reliance and I would expect quality with either to be excellent.  Did you have trouble?

If you have a heavy volume of international calls, you might consider adding a third service such as Voxbeam (good qualty at a decent rate) or Betamax (cheapest).

asms

thanks azrobert and Stewart.

i was just curious to see whether we can do this via digitmap.

now i am leaning towards directly using Google Voice for international calls.

thanks again
asms

Felix

Quote from: asms on May 07, 2012, 01:23:07 PM
i have obi100 on SP1 i have GV setup (routed via Simon Telephonics gateway)
While I love Simon Telephonics solution for non-Obihai devices... the whole point of OBi is that you don't need this workaround if you have OBi. You can connect to GV from OBi directly!

asms

While I love Simon Telephonics solution for non-Obihai devices... the whole point of OBi is that you don't need this workaround if you have OBi. You can connect to GV from OBi directly!

Felix, i use the Simon telephonics option for the caller Name (credits and thanks to MichiganTelephone).

thanks
asms