News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Push speaker phone button, phone goes dead

Started by Rick, May 09, 2012, 02:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Wrote this once already, forum crashed when I hit POST...   ???

OBi 110 with no POTS line.  Phone wire plugged into the OBi then connects with the entire house's wiring. 

I have an AT&T wireless system with 4 phones.  SOMETIMES, when I hit the speaker button on the phone, I hear a loud click and the phone goes dead and the call is lost.  Have to put it in the charger to get it back to life and connected to the system. 

I have a Panasonic wired phone with a speaker button that never does this.

I never had this problem before the OBi with my POTS service and the same AT&T phones. 

It happens on multiple AT&T phones.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the phone pulling more voltage for the speaker, which kills the connection?  I do NOT have to reboot the OBi, and it does not reboot itself (I checked).  Call history shows the call ending.

My phone port voltage is:

LoopCurrent  0
VBAT 57 V
TipRingVoltage 45 V

When I have a dial tone with the Panasonic (on speaker):

LoopCurrent  19 mA
VBAT  19 V
TipRingVoltage 11V

When I have a dial tone with the AT&T (whether on or off speaker):

LoopCurrent  19 mA
VBAT  17 V
TipRingVoltage 8V

Ideas?

Rick

Over 100 people have read this, and not one idea?

RFord

I have a older VTech Wireless phone system that does the same thing.  I think it is related to the batteries, which might be at the end of its useful life.  In fact, the speakerphone is not the only phone function that triggers this type of behavior.  I don't think it has anything to do with the OBi, since the problems I'm describing happens with a SPA3102 and not an OBi.  How old are your batteries?

Rick

Quote from: RFord on May 24, 2012, 07:31:47 AM
I have a older VTech Wireless phone system that does the same thing.  I think it is related to the batteries, which might be at the end of its useful life.  In fact, the speakerphone is not the only phone function that triggers this type of behavior.  I don't think it has anything to do with the OBi, since the problems I'm describing happens with a SPA3102 and not an OBi.  How old are your batteries?

Thanks, but my batteries last well over a week before needing charging.