News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 lessons learned during setup

Started by Rich.T, May 09, 2012, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich.T

I had a working OBi110 but couldn't get the OBi202 to work. It would let me make a test call to **9 222222222, but I pretty much could not do anything else with it until I downloaded the OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

I had the OBi behind my ActionTec router (from Verizon FiOS) and connected to my LAN by the OBi202's Internet port.  So my network diagram is like Internet <-> ActionTec router <-> OBi202 Internet port.  I have nothing on the OBi202 LAN port.

From the admin guide I learned that I needed to use my phone to give the commands ***0, 30 to enable Web management access from the WAN port. There are many more keys that are used to finish the command, so the ***0, 30 is just the start.  Then I was able to run the configuration wizards and it worked.

I had also changed my ActionTec firewall rules to enable SIP traffic in both directions. It would be interesting someday to try removing the rules a little at a time to see which ones are really needed. The specific ports are listed in the Obihai FAQs.

On a side note, it was very cool to see that my two analog phone lines (which each used to have their own phone number) when connected to the OBi202 allowed me to make 2 simultaneous outbound SIP phone calls with one test account at Callcentric.  Callcentric allows multiple inbound calls, too, so it will be interesting to test thatsomeday soon.

Rich.T

The 2 incoming call test worked, too.  The OBi202 allowed me to answer one caller on my wired phone's "line 1" then it was smart enough to let me answer the 2nd caller on "line 2" on another wired phone.  Good work, OBiTalk.