News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

forwarding selected calls from PSTN to google voice

Started by sachinj, May 13, 2012, 07:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sachinj

Hi,

I have set up Obi110 with Google voice on SP1 and local PSTN in the line port. I want to change the settings so that certain callers would be presented with auto attendant with option 1 and 2, certain other numbers would be forwarded to number via google voice directly wihtout auto attendant and the rest of the callers would ring on the phone conneted to obi110.

Can someone help with this setup?

Thanks.

Sachin

RonR

Assuming the incoming calls you want to route are from the LINE Port:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute:

{(12135551212|14075551212):aa},{(13045551212|18135551212):sp1(14151234567)},{ph}

The first rule sends one or more callers to the Auto Attendant.

The second rule sends one or more callers to a particular number using SP1.

The third rule send the rest of the callers to the PHONE Port.

sachinj

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I tried the above settings. When the callers from the auto attendant (first rule) call the line port and then dial my number the call works properly. However, when the callers who are directly forwarded to my cell phone (second rule) doesn't work properly. My cell phone rings when some one calls and when I pick up the phone I am not able to hear them. Also, for the callers the phone is always ringing. And after a while the phone connected to obi110 starts ringing. Currenlty line port is set as the primary line.

How do I get the call forwarding to work properly?

Thanks.

Sachin

RonR

Quote from: sachinj on May 14, 2012, 06:35:00 AM
However, when the callers who are directly forwarded to my cell phone (second rule) doesn't work properly. My cell phone rings when some one calls and when I pick up the phone I am not able to hear them. Also, for the callers the phone is always ringing.

I think you'll find this has nothing to do with InboundCallRoute rules and routing.  This is more likely a problem with NAT issues and your router.  If possible, temporarily bypass your router by directly connecting the OBi to your modem.  Power-cycle both devices after making the direct connection.  Then create the problematic scenario again.  If the audio problem is gone, it's a router issue.

sachinj

RonR,

Thanks for your reply. I tried setting call forwarding from google voice line on sp1 and it worked fine without any issues. ie when someone calls to the google voice number the call gets forwarded to my cell phone without any issue.

The problem with forwarding the call is only on the line port, ie the incoming calls on the line port should be forwarded to my cell phone in US. The cell phone here does ring whenever I receive a call, however, there is no sound and I get some echo when I talk. Given the line is local Indian PSTN line from AirTel, I am thinking that this might be related to line settings. Once again the setup works if using the auto attendant and the issue is present only when I am forwarding the calls directly without AA.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Sachin