News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110-UK with Sipgate getting silence for first 10 seconds of a call

Started by goldielocks, May 13, 2012, 10:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldielocks

Hello everyone!

I've setup my OBi110-UK with my sipgate account, everything seems to be working fine (all inbound and outbound calls being routed okay etc.) yet whenever I make an outbound call or recieve an inbound call over sipgate the first 10 seconds of the call are silent, then pretty much exactly on ten seconds the audio starts working again. This is both side's audio not just one way. After this though the call is fine and both side's audio are fine!! I can hear the ringing tone up until the call is answered, then silence on both ends for 10 seconds, then the mics/speakers work and all is fine.

When making/recieving calls through the standard BT Landline (Line) socket, it works fine from the start of the call (apart from a bit of echoing for the first few seconds, but I can live with that).

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

ianobi

I cannot account for all that you describe as audio problems. However, on an outgoing call 10 seconds is the exact delay the interdigit timer inserts before placing a call if you have not matched a rule in the appropriate digit map.

If you are using the Obi "out of the box", then the default digit maps are all set up for North American dialling patterns. This means that almost no UK numbers match exact digit map rules. Calls will be processed, but with the Obi waiting for 10 seconds after your last digit to make sure that it really is your last digit! Even emergency calls to 112 or 999 will be delayed for 10 seconds as the Obi has a default of 911  as an emegency number.

All the digit maps can be changed to suit, but it depends on which calls you wish to go to line, which to sipgate etc. RonR has written good explanations in various posts on this topic. As UK user I can make some basic suggestions if you wish.

Ian