News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

pause/silence with google voice

Started by photobuddy, May 14, 2012, 02:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

photobuddy

>:(

Hello

I've been experiencing silence every few minutes with my Obi110 + google-voice setup. Not sure whether this has to do with google voice or the device ?

The silence comes on for about 10-20 seconds and then the call goes back to normal. Its obviously very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced these type of symptoms ? Any cures ?

Thanks,
Rajeev

rob613@gmail.com

I've been experiencing this type of behavior completely unrelated to my Obi when I receive a GoogleVoice call through one of my PSTN lines or if I use GoogleVoice to call back someone first calling that PSTN line.   The temporary silence can occur when either side is calling, and frequently its only one-way that is blocked.

Stewy

I have been having the same issues the last few days?  Is this a Google issue?

pc44

I think I may have noticed this too.  I just chalked it up to something else, but in the last week or so, I have had problems with one-audio half-way into the conversation or sudden pauses.  Sometimes I think it's the other person's phone or that they just stopped talking for a bit.

Now that a couple of you have mentioned it, I'll try to keep an eye out (or an ear out) in case this happens again.  Hopefully, it's nothing major.

photobuddy

Yes, the *silence* is only one way. So maybe then its a Google Voice issue and not an OBI (or my router) issue. Either way - its very annoying and is making me question the whole move to GoogleVoice/Obi.

RFord

Do you have a SIP provider on SP2?  If you do, maybe you can make an outgoing call via the sip provider to test to see if you are experiencing the same thing.  Another option is to make the call through gmail if you have a microphone/headset.  You can get a free DID from Callcentric and register SP2 to Callcentric and test incoming calls to that DID.

May concern is if it was a widespread issue, this site would have been inundated with complaints related to this issue. 

Quote from: photobuddy on May 23, 2012, 07:47:28 AM
Yes, the *silence* is only one way. So maybe then its a Google Voice issue and not an OBI (or my router) issue. Either way - its very annoying and is making me question the whole move to GoogleVoice/Obi.