News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP2 (callcentric) not accepting incoming calls

Started by Jefferson, May 15, 2012, 03:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefferson

I have been able to configure the OBi110 to make and receive GV calls. I added a Callcentric number for 911, but I also want to be able to call the OBi on that number. It seems like the Netgear WNR2000 is blocking only the Callcentric number and not the GV number, and I cannot get any port forwarding to ring the OBi properly. I tried disabling and enabling basically every option on the router but have had no luck. I don't have the problems of calls dropping that others have had with this router. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

sparkydc

Do you have an incoming line (DID) with call centric? or do you only have a calling plan. I have a long distance call plan and no (DID) so no incoming call on that plan.

All my incoming calls are on google voice account.

RonR

Quote from: sparkydc on May 15, 2012, 04:29:42 PM
I have a long distance call plan and no (DID) so no incoming call on that plan.

You can receive incoming calls on your Callcenric account:

1. From other Callcentric users (1777xxxxxxx)

2. Via iNum (8835100xxxxxxxx)

3. Via Sip Broker (*4621777xxxxxxx)

4. Via SIP URI (1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentrioc.com)

Ostracus

Quote from: RonR on May 15, 2012, 04:37:42 PM
Quote from: sparkydc on May 15, 2012, 04:29:42 PM
I have a long distance call plan and no (DID) so no incoming call on that plan.

You can receive incoming calls on your Callcenric account:

1. From other Callcentric users (1777xxxxxxx)

2. Via iNum (8835100xxxxxxxx)

3. Via Sip Broker (*4621777xxxxxxx)

4. Via SIP URI (1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentrioc.com)

They also have a FREE DID number thing going with the NY area. I grabbed one since Callcentric does fax.

Jefferson

I am using the free NY number and I have been able to ring it when I have the OBi connected directly to the cable modem. Once I put the router between the modem and OBi I lose just the Callcentric incoming and not the GV.

AndyJ

Quote from: Ostracus on May 15, 2012, 09:05:18 PM
They also have a FREE DID number thing going with the NY area. I grabbed one since Callcentric does fax.
It's not really totally free for all plans, since according to the terms, you will be charged the e911 recovery fee if it's not already covered by your plan. It's odd that you'd be forced to have e911 service with only an inbound DID, and not an outbound plan, but that's what the terms say...

AndyJ

Quote from: Jefferson on May 16, 2012, 04:27:25 AM
I am using the free NY number and I have been able to ring it when I have the OBi connected directly to the cable modem. Once I put the router between the modem and OBi I lose just the Callcentric incoming and not the GV.
A simple question, but just to verify... does the OBi show that it is properly registered with Callcentric? Can you make outbound calls with Callcentric? Note that if you have Callcentric on SP2, the OBi's port for SIP will be 5061 and not 5060, unless you've changed it. Have you tried disabling SIP ALG on the router?

Jefferson

The Callcentric account does indicate that it is registered, and I was able to call the 911 service. I don't have additional phone services with Callcentric to be able to test other outbound calls. I don't have something on the router interface called SIP ALG, but I disabled SPI Firewall. Ports 5060 and 5061 are both forwarded to the OBi.

AndyJ

There are similar reports of incoming calls not working with that router due to the SIP ALG. For whatever reason, it looks like the option to disable SIP ALG was removed from the latest firmware. Here's one such thread with a similar issue: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=68171

Jefferson

Thanks for the link. I will work on getting the router to disable that option. It's true that it is not in the current firmware GUI interface.

Jefferson

So, I managed to downgrade the router firmware at least two versions (it is difficult to find version history) and, although I don't see an option for SIP ALG, it works now. Thanks for the help.

jimates

Quote from: Jefferson on May 17, 2012, 04:44:48 PM
So, I managed to downgrade the router firmware at least two versions (it is difficult to find version history) and, although I don't see an option for SIP ALG, it works now. Thanks for the help.
If you (or anyone) need previous firmware versions and cannot find them, I am sure RonR has them all. I have 10 in my folder. I do not know how many I missed.

AndyJ

Good to hear that it's now working for you, Jefferson!

Quote from: jimates on May 17, 2012, 10:28:26 PM
If you (or anyone) need previous firmware versions and cannot find them, I am sure RonR has them all. I have 10 in my folder. I do not know how many I missed.

The relevant firmware in this case was the router firmware, not the OBi firmware.