News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Single-Stage dialing through any Obi Trunk - 2 Obi110's - Second go!

Started by marcb, May 20, 2012, 11:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcb

Second go.

Besides my Obi110, I have a second unit set up at another location. In order to allow for Single-Stage dialing through any Obi Trunk, I have implemented on both Obi's the changes as explained by RonR:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0

1. Suppose I am using the Line Port on Obi 2 to make a call from the phone port on Obi 1 by using the Obitalk number of Obi 2 as a speed dial. How can I apply a rule (e.g. add *31* as a prefix) for this type of call? On a single Obi this would be accomplished by adding a rule in the OutboundCallRoute, but his does not work. Adding a rule in the InboundCallRoute of the Obi 2 does not work either. Is this possible? If yes, can someone explain how to do this for calls originating from an Obitalk app as well?

2. Single-Stage dialing through any Obi Trunk can also be configured using Sip. What are the advantages of this method compared to the one above?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2454.msg15851#msg15851

Thanks for any help.

jimates

QuoteOn a single Obi this would be accomplished by adding a rule in the OutboundCallRoute, but his does not work.

If you set up Obi 2 with dialing rules for spX, and then access Obi 2 from another Obi and use spX for calling, the same dialing rules should apply.

marcb

Thanks for the reply Jimates.

Unfortunately I cannot use your suggestion. I need to access the Landline on Obi2 and vice versa. This is an annoying situation, because people who are not aware of the call routing behind this setup (most if not all) will tend to call the number they see on their display when they return the call. I guess some other Obi users must face the same problem?

If there is no way to do this via the Obi configuration, then I guess I will have to mask the landline caller id's on both Obi's and configure them in such a way that the caller id is shown if the call is made directly from the Phone port of the concerned Obi. Calls originating from another Obi will, if I understand correctly, ignore the local dialing rules and thus the caller id will be masked.

Can you confirm this? - Obi Support team?

Thanks in advance.

jimates

Basically what I said was, any dialing rules on Obi 2 that would work from Obi 2's phone port, should also work when accessing Obi 2's services from another Obi.

The caller id is always determined by the service placing the outgoing call. In this case it would be that of the landline on Obi 2.

I am sure many users have your problem since most providers do not allow spoofing of the caller id for calls placed on their service.